Friday, August 31, 2007

Pres. Hinckley Quote and Oprah and Baily

"You are very precious, each of you, regardless of your circumstances. You occupy a high and sacred place in the eternal plan of God, our Father in Heaven. You are His daughters, precious to Him, loved by Him, and very important to Him. His grand design cannot succeed without you." GBH


I also wanted to mention how touched I was yesterday as I watched the Oprah show. Since our cable was turned off I took that as an opportunity to pretty much give up watching tv. I've been quite successful. I only watch tv at nights when Robert has it on and we're about to fall asleep. It's like a tradition to watch Friends, Malcolm in the Middle and Simpsons. But yesterday I was folding laundry and turned on the tv to turn on Baily's movie and Oprah was on so I decided to watch it. It was a rerun but I hadn't seen it before. She was reporting on a previous show she did when she gave everyone in the audince $1000 to spend however they want to "Pay it forward." I'm guessing she got this from the movie "Pay It Forward." I love that movie and was so touched when I watched it. Anyway the things these people did for others was amazing or as Oprah says they were miracles. I was crying through the whole thing. Baily kept asking me if I was okay and what' wrong. It was so inspiring and I can't wait for the day when I have money to help people like this. But until then I can still be of service in other ways and I'll be looking for more of those opportunities.

I also wanted to make a note about how much Baily's talking is developing. And I know I owe a lot of it to Winnie the Pooh. Like I've mentioned before she has an obsession with him. We watch his movies probably 3 or 4 times a day. As we were watching it last night I noticed that she knows the movie by heart. She does all the actions right along with the movie- like when Pooh falls she falls or when he does his exercises she does the exercises. She also can quote the movie and I noticed last night how clear her speech is becoming as she was quoting it. So thanks Pooh even though I get sick of you sometimes!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey sis...sorry about today and this weekend. I can only imagine what I was screaming at you on the phone when I called. Thank you for always being there for me, Sarah. I love you so much.