Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Virtue

I've been thinking a lot about virtue today and since it's the beginning of the month I want to make a new covenant to being virtuous. For some reason the song Caribbean Blue by Enya makes me feel so beautiful and virtuous which is why I included it above. Here are two quotes I read today that I just love by Pres. Hinckley!



"I believe this is the best season for women in all the history of the world. In opportunites for education, for the training of your hands and minds, there has never before been a time when doors were so widely opened to you as they are today.
But neither has there been a time, at least in recent history, when you have been confronted with more challenging problems. I need not remind you that the world we are in is a world of tumoil, of shifting values. Shrill voices call out for one thing or another in betrayal of time-tested standards of behavior. The moral moorings of our society have been badly shaken.
I cannot say enough of appreciation for your determination to live by the standards of the Church, to walk with the strength of virtue, to keep your minds above the slough of filth which seems to be moving like a flood across the world. Thank you for knowing there is a better way. Thank you for the will to say no. Thank you for the strength to deny temptation and look beyond and above to the shining light of your eternal potential."




"There is nothing in all this world as magnificent as virtue. It glows without tarnish. It is precious and beautiful. It is above price. It cannot be bought or sold. It is the fruit of self-mastery."
"Let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly."
(D&C 121:45)

No comments: