Saturday, August 04, 2007

Uncle Zach and Aunt Kenzie

Yesterday was a fun day except for the morning. I was flipping through the channels and happened to come upon the funeral for the fallen Officer George Cortez Jr. He was the same age as me and had a 4 and 2 year old son. It was so sad. When his wife spoke I just lost it. My prayers go out to his family. I just wanna say thank you to all those who are working for me and my family's protection whether here locally or out in the world fighting a war.


I got to pick up my younger brother Zach and sister Mackenzie to come spend the night at my house yesterday. Zach is 9 and Kenzie is 6. I love them to death! They live with their dad in East Mesa. I only get to see them though about twice a month or so. When they first came over they had fun playing with Baily in her room. After that they were curios about Baily's new sandbox and Baily was anxious to show them how much fun it is. It's such a teeny tiny sandbox and even though it was pretty hot they had so much fun with it. After a while Baily remembered that she cooled off last time with the hose. So she ran over to the hose and just started begging me to turn it on. So her and Kenzie had a blast playing with the hose and the sprinkler. It was a good way to cool off!


After they came in, dried off and got dressed we went to the skate park on Gilbert and Broadway. Zach bugs me every time he sees me to take him to the skate park. Robert warned me that it was a ghetto park but I wanted to go check it out anyway. When we got there it didn't look too bad- just a lot of people were there. So we went to the park. Zach was excited but I think scared at the same time. They were pretty big bowls and jumps and he's not that experienced. And after about 5 minutes I got really nervous because there were so many people. It was hard for me and Robert to keep an eye on all three of them. So we left, to Zach's dismay but my relieft, and went to the little park by our house and it was much better. We had a little picnic dinner with subs and chips and grapes. It was still pretty hot but not unbearable. When we first got there Baily was horribly naughty. I almost made us leave to go home because she was so bad but she finally calmed down and we ended up having a good time. As you can see, I think Robert had the most fun of all. He's such a big kid!

I was supposed to take them swimming this morning but I thought it was going to rain and now that I don't think it is it's a little bit too late. Their dad's coming to pick them up around 1 today. I sure do love them and Baily just loves having Uncle Zach and Aunt Kenzie over!

3 comments:

Malissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Malissa said...

Looks like you guys had a good time!! Robert better be careful, I hope that thing doesn't pop outta the ground!!

Unknown said...

I like them too...they're pretty cool when it comes right down to it. I wish we got to spend more time with them though.