Friday, August 24, 2007

Productive Day and Elder's Quorum Party Fun

Yes... I have been productive today and it feels great. I didn't sleep well at all last night but when I woke up this morning at 6 I wasn't tired at all. So instead of just lying in bed I got the itch to be productive. I wanted to get some things done that I've been putting off and even though I say I'm going to get them done after I put Baily to sleep I'm always too tired and fall asleep myself. So this morning I was able to get our budget figured out to every single penny, update my planner and make some goals for myself and make a two week menu complete with grocery list and ad matching deals. I got all this done before the babies woke up and I felt very proud of myself. I was able to handle Baily and Tyler just fine and Mya slept pretty much all day again. So I think I'm going to stick to this routine and try to get my stuff done in the mornings before the babies wake up instead of at night after Baily's asleep.
.
I finally got a letter from my mom today and I was so excited. She had major problems with her thumb right now which may sound like a lame excuse to some for not writing but I completely understand. I pretty much don't write her unless I can type it because writing it by hand hurts so bad due to my arthritis in my fingers. Anyway she sent this adorable angel to watch over Baily while she sleeps that I've hung over her bed. Baily was so cute when she saw it and after I explained to her what it was she carried it around awhile just saying "Ganca's (that's how she says Grandma and Grandpa) angel." It was really sweet. She also sent this sweet story about a taxi cab driver who went the extra mile in taking care of this little old lady that had no family and was on her way to Hospice care about to die. He took her to all these places that had good memories for her, talked with her, helped her walk and didn't charge her. He explained how it was such a small thing but it was one of the greatest things he'd ever done in his life and he did it because he wanted to treat her like he would his own mom. My mom sent this little taxi cab for me to hang up to remind me to treat people like the ones I love the most. My mom's so creative and I love her for that.

I decided that Baily has lately developed multiple personality disorder. I understand that babies, and just regular people for that manner change moods quite often. But it's been crazy with Baily lately. She'll be laughing and dancing with Pooh one minute and then all of a sudden she gets this scowl on her face and will come up and hit me for no reason. Then she'll just stare at me and we'll have a stare down and then all of a sudden she smiles and gives me a kiss. She has been doing this since yesterday... whiny, silly, sad, mad, loving, serious- all in a matter of minutes. She cracks me up! I guess it just must be contagious with her momma's hormones all out of whack... she's probably caught some of my extra ones or something!


After Robert got home from work I had to rush to the store to get the ingredients for the desserts we had to bring to the Elder's Quorum party tonight. Then I had to rush home and make my dessert and Robert made his. It was a contest between all the desserts and the one voted the best got the prize. So of course, Robert and I being as competitive as we are, went all out to beat each other. He made mud pie cups and I made a banana berry brownie pizza. Neither of us won but they were both good anyway.

By the time I finished making the dessert, cleaning up, getting Baily ready for the baby-sitter and showering we showed up about 10 minutes late for the party. Robert took Baily to the sitters and got gas while I was getting ready. Let me tell you... this party was a blast. I think I almost peed my pants from laughing. There were the yummy desserts and of course, our ward is the best in the world, so the company was great. The first game that was played was called the Brown Paper Bag Game. As you can see the point is to bend over, with only the bottom of your feet allowed to touch the ground, and grab the bag with your mouth. Then you tear of the piece you touched with your mouth and it's the next person's turn. Eventually it gets lower to the ground and harder to reach. Apparently our ward is quite flexible. I didn't play because I thought it was obvious that it wasn't possible in my pregnant condition. Well Kim had to prove me wrong. She did awesome and she's like 8 1/2 months pregnant. I was so impressed! Robert got out about half-way through... which was impressive to me because I know how not flexible he is. It ended up going all the way until there was no bag left so there were 5 winners. It was craziness but so funny to watch.

.

After that we played a round of charades using words that we each made up. We played boys against girls and obviously the girls kicked butt 41 to 30! After the massacre it was time for some Karaoke. This is the part where I almost peed my pants from laughing so hard. It was so much fun. Most of the songs ended up being a group sing along. I love going to the Elder's Quorum parties. They're always so much fun and we seriously have the best ward. It will be a sad day whenever we have to leave it!

It's been a long day but a good one. I almost got everything done on my list today. I was going to try and finish my grocery shopping tonight but it's way too late and I'm way too tired. I hate going on Saturdays to Wal-Mart because it's always so crazy but at least I won't be rushed or anything. And so far so good on staying within our budget. Even though it's only the first day, that's a plus for us because we usually splurge on pay day. Ciao everyone!

2 comments:

Becca said...

Sounds like fun! I would never have been able to do the paper bag game, I'm so not flexible! Your brownie berry pie thing looks great! I want the recipe!

Janel said...

OK well I am going to copy all of those EQ party ideas since Mark is the EQ pres and we are due for another get together. I have done the Karaoke thing at one before and it is a riot! People can really surprise you. THe paper bag thing looks fun too!