Wednesday, August 08, 2007

A Day of Homemaking Duties

Nothing too exciting happened today but it was busy anyhow. I felt like a domestic goddess. I cleaned my house today from head to toe and managed to wash, fold and put away about 7 loads of laundry. That's a lot of laundry. Baily was an absolute angel today. She woke up a little grouchy but after her daily dose of Dora the Explorer and The Doodlebops she was great. I usually can't do all my chores in one day- I have to spread it between 2 or 3 days because Baily gets naughty if I neglect giving her one on one attention for too long. But she did so great. She either just watched me, or played with her toys, or found her own way to amuse herself. And when it was nap time she climbed in my arms and fell asleep in about 2 minutes. It was heavenly. I don't think she cried at all today. I love these kind of days with her. We had Ramen or "soup" as Baily calls it for lunch today which isn't all that exciting but you can see how excited she was to have that today. She's so silly. I love her so much. How did I get so lucky to be her mom? I know everyday isn't going to be this great with her but it sure does make me appreciate her and adore her so much more on days like these!
After Robert got home we had to run a couple of quick errands so we left Baily with her Abuela. After we ran a few errands we had to make a Wal-Mart stop. We only got enough groceries for a few days but I still managed to get my shopping high with my price matching bargains. I don't know if any of you do this as well, but I love ad matching at Wal-Mart. There were some awesome deals this week like 40 cents for Yoplait yogurt, $1.50 for Tropicana orange juice, $1.50 for Cheez-its and a few others. I know... I'm a dork. But what can I say? I love to save money and get a good bargain!
After we got home I started to prepare dinner and then our faithful Home Teacher Bro. Skousen came over. He's such a diligent Home Teacher and so sweet. We had a nice visit and lesson with him. I'm so grateful for the Home Teaching program. After he left Robert mowed the lawn and so of course Baily had to be outside if daddy was outside. By the time he was done and I was able to finish making dinner it was like 8:00. I was so tired I could barely eat. After dinner it was time to get ready for bed. Doesn't Baily look so freakin' cute in her new pajamas? And she's so sassy but sweet at the same time. Oh man I love my Baily Bug. She was such an angel all the way up to the time she fell asleep about an hour ago. And now I think I'm sleep typing but I wanted to get my post done for today, tonight- instead of tomorrow. Hope everyone is good and well!

No comments: