Monday, August 20, 2007

Scriptures, Laundry, Babies, Food and FHE

That's pretty much what my day consisted of. I'm trying really hard to read my scriptures in the morning so it doesn't get put off and not done by the end of the day. I had 6 chapters to read today and play catch up with. I read about Lehi's vision of the tree of life and Nephi's great vision that followed after pondering about his dad's vision. My favorite parts about these chapters are the principles of "holding to the rod" and partaking of the fruit of the tree of life. I remember a Stake Conference we had about a year and half ago that was broadcast from Salt Lake and one of the speakers was Elder Bednar. His talk, as all of them are, was amazing and one I will remember forever. One of the points he brought up was how in the vision of the tree of life the people who didn't make it to the fruit were merely holding on to the rod. The people that actually made it were "pressing forward steadfastly" and "clinging." This is such a hard, wicked world we live in and if we are to partake of the love of God which is everlasting life and salvation we have to cling onto and be obedient to the word of God. There's no other way to make it. I really enjoyed reading these scriptures this morning and reflecting on this and how I can do better. I also thought about the many ways I have already and do on a daily basis, taste of the fruit of the tree of life. The main ways is being with and being a part of my precious family. Robert and Baily and my Bubba who's not even born yet are my world and bring me more joy than I can even describe. I could not be happy or survive without them!
The majority of my day consisted of laundry and taking care of sick babies. Mya had a little cold and Baily was a little feverish and threw up a little. It wasn't bad though because Mya slept for most of the day. Baily was fine after she threw up and took a nap... she may not have even been sick at all.
After Mya left I made some brownies for the Family Home Evening treat. Baily enjoyed licking the bowl clean as you can see. She may not have been sick but I enjoyed the chance to spoil her as if she was.





For dinner we had a special treat. Cande made her famous soup. I don't know what you call it but we all love it. I felt a little yucky today but after the soup I felt healed... something about soup just has that effect on me. It's got roast beef, potatoes, carrots, rice, sweet corn on the cob and cilantro which is soooo good. I love my Mother-In-Law so much. She's such a blessing to me and my family.

After dinner Robert and I (Baily was running back and forth between our living room and her Abuela's since her cousins were over) had Family Home Evening. We just read a very short article from the September Friend we just got about keeping the Sabbath Day holy. It's something we really need to work on. We always go to Church and participate in family activities but our drawback is we go to the store pretty much every Sunday. So we made an iron commitment to not go to the store or buy anything on Sundays and to make sure we get what we need on Saturday. Then he and I discussed some issues we've been stressed about, very calmly, and made some set goals to make sure things happen instead of them getting put off and nothing ever getting done about them... one of these things being moving out. I'm so grateful we said a prayer before because the Spirit was really there and we were able to really talk and communicate much better than we usually do. After the closing prayer the sweetest most simple thing happened. Robert leaned over and gave me a sweet hug and kissed my hand and said so sincerely and simply "Thank You." I asked him what he was thanking me for and he just said "everything." It wasn't much and although he thanks me for everything like after dinner or after I clean this time it just meant so much to me. I could feel his sincerity and love when he said it. The Spirit was so strong in our home and it makes me want to strive so hard for it to be like that always in our home. Like I said, I am so grateful for my family!

No comments: