Thursday, May 08, 2008

Strengthened Testimony

Wednesday May 7, 2008
Today was not too shabby. I spent a lot of time reading the March issue of the Ensign which is a special issue all about the Savior. Once I started reading it, I couldn't put it down. As I kept reading the Spirit just kept getting stronger and stronger and I could literally feel my testimony of Him being strengthened. I felt like I've gained a better understanding of Him and a stronger resolve to come unto Him and be a witness of Him. I strongly recommend that everyone I know read this awesome issue. It's life changing. I had Robert drop me and the kids off at the park today for park day but no one was there. I found out later that the location had been switched and I just didn't know since I wasn't there on Sunday to get the newsletter that announced the changed. We stayed for a little while anyway. The weather has been unseasonably cool which is great. I really should be out enjoying it more but I really hate bugs and mosquitos and they've been really bad lately when we've tried going out. Anyway the rest of the day was a pretty lazy day but not bad. I went to my first Relief Society Presidency meeting tonight and they were so nice to offer me a ride and for letting me bring my kids since Robert had to work late. It was nice getting to know these sweet sisters and feel of their great love and concern for all the sisters in our ward. It was an eye opener to me to find out how many inactive sisters we have in our ward and really motivated me to reach out more and try to be of service to all my sisters in Zion. And slowly but surely, I'm finally starting to feel like I'm getting things in my life caught up and it feels pretty dang good. I've also noticed that I've been a lot more patient and gentler with my kids and I KNOW it's because I've been consistent with my prayers and scripture study. I know these things provide greater peace and direction in my life so it amazes me that I let myself get lazy and not do these things in my life and then wonder why I'm feeling so down and struggling with life so much. Duh! I'm just happy to be at the point in my life where things are getting better- even though it's slow. I just need to stay consistent and really strive to always have the Holy Ghost as my constant companion and I'll be ok. If only it were as easy said as done! I'm looking forward to getting even more done tomorrow and feeling better!
366 Blessings:
#128- March Ensign on the Savior
P.S. Here's 2 cute pics of my kids. Joaquin woke up and Baily just had to greet him with hugs and kisses. Love them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just have to tell you how much I enjoy your blog. I take blog breaks several times a week while I'm at work and it sure gives me a little pick-me-up. I admire and appreciate what wonderful parent you and Robert are to Baily and Joaquin and how faithful you are in the gospel. Gerald and I really enjoyed the time that we spent with you guys this past weekend and can't wait til we get to do it again! We love you guys and miss you like crazy!

Julie said...

Wow you have been busy!!! Awsome Mothers Day gift how fun, don't get down about Potty Training you know the phrase "Just Do IT" thats all it is! Great job staying calm and accidents are part of learning just like when they fall learning to walk, if they fall alot one day we don't stop them from trying to walk righ? All about learning. The Utah trip looked awesome! What fun with the family. I can't wait to read my Engsin, you have me all ready to go! Hope you enjoy Mothers Day