Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Friday Madness

Friday May 16, 2008
Let's see if I can remember how my Friday whirlwind of a day went. So yeah, it was crazy busy. I got up and got my workout done early enough to come home and get showered and ready and packed for our day "in town." On the way to taking Robert to work I called my cousin Becca to see if she wanted to do lunch since I owed her for her birthday. We ended up meeting at Olive Garden and in true Becca fashion- she payed for lunch with a gift card. She seriously is one of the most generous people I know and I just love and appreciate her so much. She's done a lot to help out me and my family and she really is one of my dearest friends. And one of these days she WILL let me buy her lunch... right Becca?! Anyway Olive Garden was delicious as always. I made a quick decision to switch out my pizza that night for my free meal to an Olive Garden lunch free meal. A no brainer, right? So yeah it was fun as always to chat and enjoy her company. After we ate me and the kids swung by my MIL's house to say hi. I was able to drop Joaquin off while Baily and I went and did our grocery shopping at Wal-Mart. Oh how I miss my neighborhood Wal-Mart and the no taxes on food items of Mesa. Ho hum. Anyway after I was done there I swung by to pick up Joaquin but he was in a deep snooze so Baily, my nephew Andre and I all went to go pick up my lil' bro and sis at their dad's house for the night. We went back to pick up Joaquin, got some dinner at McDonald's and then headed to Freestone Park (I think that's what it's called), and while Zach enjoyed the skate park area we chowed down. Since I wanted to keep on my nutrition plan I opted out of the chicken nuggets, fries and Dr. Pepper that I really wanted and had the Southwest Grilled Chicken Salad. It was just ok. I only a little bit of it and decided not to do the dressing since it probably already had way too many calories anyway. So after we finished that up we went over to the playground area and then back to my MIL's to wait for my nephew Isaac since he wanted to spend the night as well. We watied FOREVER but he finally showed up and we ended up getting another guest to host- my nephew Bryan. Baily and Kenzie always have a blast playing with him. It was funny... he just quietly snuck in the van and buckled his seatbelt while Baily distracted me. I think they conspired it that way- "K Bryan, you get in and be quiet while we distract Sarah and we're good to go." LOL... I love those kids. So after we all packed in we went and picked up Robert from work and finally made it home. Robert picked up pizzas for everyone (I only had 3 bites thank you very much even though I wanted to scarf down sooo bad!) and the little kids played and tore up Baily's room and the boys played X-Box. We all went to bed pretty early though since we were all pretty tired. It was a day of madness but it was good times!

366 Blessings:
#137- My cousin Becca

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yo Yo. We do have some amazing cuz's, eh? Quite. Anyway, I'm excited to see everyone this weekend and we'll see Wedding Singer! Any chance Matt will let the lil'uns come over Saturday night? I haven't seen em in so long! Killin' me.

Unknown said...

Yo Yo. We do have some amazing cuz's, eh? Quite. Anyway, I'm excited to see everyone this weekend and we'll see Wedding Singer! Any chance Matt will let the lil'uns come over Saturday night? I haven't seen em in so long! Killin' me.