Thursday, May 29, 2008

A little better.

Thursday May 29, 2008
So I really don't remember much about this day except that I realized how grateful I am for running water. And I had a great visit with my sweet Visiting Teachers who came over to visit me. They showed some much love and concern about some of the trials I'm going through and offered much love and advice which I really appreciated. Their message they chose was from the Conference Ensign and it was Elder Lund's talk called "Opening Our Hearts" which I had previously read and loved. It talks about how we are the gatekeepers to our hearts and whether our hearts have welcoming gates for the Holy Ghost like a nice little white picket fence and nice welcoming path or whether it's like a prison fence with chain link and barbed wire and a no trespassing sign due to it being hardened through sin and sorrow. I have realized lately how much of a visual person I am and how much easier it is for me to learn and grasp a concept when I can visualize it. So this talk for me was wonderful. It made me really take a look at what kind of gate I have for my heart and if I'm doing all I can to keep it open to the Holy Ghost, Whom I so very badly need in my life. So I really appreciated their visit and message and I remember it lifting up my day and making it a little better.
366 Blessings:
#150- Running water!

No comments: