Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Disappointment

Monday May 26, 2008
So this year's Memorial Day was pretty disappointing for me. First though I want to say a big thanks, even though it's late, to all my American heroes. All those who fight for our freedom with good intention and risk and have sacrificied their lives to ensure our safety from terrorism. And also, I wanted to say how grateful I am for the remembrance of all of my beloved friends and family who have passed from this life to the next. I've been so richly blessed by all the people I've known who have passed away. Anyway, as we had had some tough stuff going on and we were broke our Memorial Day was pretty disappointing. We didn't get to have a bbq or spend time with friends or go swimming or to a lake. But we did get to go get a yummy burger at Carl's Jr. and we took the kids to the park and they had fun so that was good. I just need to realize that sometimes life is hard and I can't expect to have everything perfect or happy all the time and to just do my best to make the best out of every situation. Next year's Memorial Day will be better and that's that.



366 Blessings:
#147- My kids' pure joy on the swings

No comments: