Monday, May 05, 2008

GNO Fun!

Friday May 2, 2008
Friday was pretty fantastic. I spent all morning cleaning and scrubbing like a mad woman. And instead of loathing it, it actually felt pretty good. I got all but my floors done when my step-dad and step-mom, Gerald and Rachelle, showed up. They had planned on being down here all weekend so we were excited. Baily kept asking me every 10 minutes when "Gamma and Gampa" were coming over. So she was ecstatic when they got here. While she was busy showing them all of her toys I showered and got ready. We all left and went to drop off Gerald at Robert's work where they headed to the Diamondbacks game from. Robert was pretty stoked to get to go to the game and they even had good seats. They had fun so that's good. After they left Rachelle and I went and dropped off my kiddos at their Abuela's and we headed out for our GNO- Girl's Night Out! It was much needed and much over due. We went to Mill's mall where I came to be thoroughly spoiled. First we had some pizza at Sbarro's. It looked much better than it tasted but still good nonetheless. After that we headed to the walk by massage center- the Aquamassage. I got treated to 20 minutes of bliss. I do love me a massage. This is the closest I've ever come to a professional massage and it was heavenly. After that we shopped around. We went to some "self-esteem buster" stores as Rachelle calls them. You know... the kind where when you try something on it doesn't fit even though in any other store that would be your size. The kind where you want to scream and hit all the skinny girls walking around saying "oh how cute."! Yeah... then we headed to Old Navy- much better. Rachelle had to keep prying me away from all the kid's clothes and stores. Hey, it's so much more fun shopping for my kids than for myself. I don't feel fat when I'm buying them clothes. It was fun shopping. I did feel weird and a little anxious not having my kids with me. I kept laughing at all the moms struggling with crying, whining kids. Mean I know. But this was the first time I'd been shopping without them in like forever so it was a little surreal and euphoric. Anyway, after the shopping we sprinted to the other side of the mall to make it to our movie in time. We saw Baby Mama. Hilarious! I highly recommend this movie. It felt so good to be watching a chick flick and just laughing and having fun. Thanks so much for this awesome night Rachelle. They boys got done before us so they went and picked up the kids- sweetness. So after the movie we headed back to my home and the kids were fast asleep. Even more sweetness. And to top it off, Robert had gotten a Barro's pizza and since I was still hungry I indulged- and it was very good indeed. Talk about a day of sweetness!
366 Blessings:
#123- Being spoiled by my step-mom Rachelle

3 comments:

Becca said...

Sounds like a great day! Lucky!

Julie said...

That sounds awesome! I had wondered if that movie swas soing to be as funny as it looked, so know I know! Glad you did someting for you! Woo Hoo for GNO

Addie Gaylord said...

I am so glad you got to have a girls night out, those are hard to come by when the kids are little. I totally want to see that movie looks pretty funny.