Sunday, February 03, 2008

A Simple Saturday

Yesterday was simple, a little boring, but good. Once again I planned to go to the temple and once again I didn't follow through on those plans. I have got to get to the temple and start making it a regular activity in my life. We just took it pretty easy in the morning. Baily was playing and having fun and then she decided that Joaquin's feet were cold so she put on these gloves for him. We were cracking up. Robert was like "poor Joaquin... this is only the beginning for you." I still crack up every time I look at this picture. Oh man I love my kids. They bring me more joy than I could ever have dreamed of. Seriously... I think back on my life and how incomplete it was and meaningless before my kiddos came along. Anyway after we all finally got cleaned up we decided to go out. We drove around a while before finally decided to go to the park since we were broke and had to save gas. When we got there we were surprised to see Robert's Aunt and her family. I guess they were having a party there and we showed up just in time... lol. It was fun to see them and even though they invited us to stay and eat we felt like moochers so we didn't stay for their party. But Baily had a blast playing with her little friend and it was nice to visit with family. After we left the park we went by Fry's to get a few last minute things they had for sale that I wasn't able to get at Wally World. When we were done there we headed home and the rest of the day we just hung out and took it easy. I got a couple of glimpses of Pres. Hinckley's funeral and watched the special on his life that was after the funeral. Every time I watched I teared up. I loved him so much and I'm sure going to miss him. What a wonderful man, a wonderful legacy. I feel so grateful to have lived during his time as Prophet. While I was watching the special on his life it reminded me of when I read his biography, Go Forward With Faith. It was a couple of years ago and it's still one of my favorite books I've ever read. If you haven't read it I HIGHLY recommend it. It's awesome. After watching that I made a scrumptious and comforting dinner of sausage and peppers and after that I was pretty bored. I don't know why, but I always feel like I need to go out and do something on the weekend and when I don't get to I have this pity party for myself. I need to stop that and just enjoy downtime at home. But besides my little spat of boredom yesterday was pretty great and I really have no complaints.







366 Blessings:
#33- My digital camera

1 comment:

Malissa said...

What a fun day! The park is the greatest place on earth!! It's free and so fun for kids!! I love it...you guys look so cute!! And you look extra pretty!!