Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Looong Day.

Monday was a pretty long day for me. We froze the night away the night before as well as our first night here with the heater blowing cold air. We have great landlords though and when they couldn't get it fixed theirselves they had someone out here pronto to fix it which we were thankful for. It ended up costing them $425 which sucks for them. I guess that's one of the perks of renting and not owning... we didn't have to pay a dime. Anyway, I woke up and headed out to my new neighborhood grocery store, Fry's Marketplace. I was pretty bummed when I found out there's not a Wal-Mart out here (we all know that I'm a Wal-Mart fanatic) and I quickly resolved to still make a weekly or bi-weekly trip to Wal-Mart for the majority of my shopping. The good thing is that Fry's is my next favorite place to shop and it's really not that expensive. Plus the Fry's Marketplace is kinda like a Super Wal-Mart without the clothes. I really liked it and their produce section is to DIE for. I fell in love at all the pretty, fresh produce. It definitely puts Wal-Mart's produce section to shame. Anway I got back just in time for Robert to go to work. He wanted to leave kind of early since he wasn't really sure how long it would take him exactly. It ended up only taking him like 5 minutes more than it used to at our old house. I spent the rest of the day attempting to unpack but that's rather difficult with my 2 children. I took them for a walk down to our little park area and Baily had a blast. She's so proud and kept saying "mommy my park?" and then "mommy this is my park." I love that she loves it here so much. She had a blast with her bath and I had fun taking pictures. For dinner we had this recipe my mom concocted years ago that I remembered and it was soooo good. They're called chicken, pepperoni pita pockets and they're amazing. I was feeling good while eating this yummy meal... not just because of the awesome taste but because of the memories of my amazing mom it gave me. And by the way... here's my newfound love. I discovered this a week or so ago and fell in love. Who knew that caffeine free Pepsi tastes the exact same as the regular. I'm loving that I have my Pepsi tast without the caffeine. It's probably not the best discovery for me but I'm loving it for now. And by the way my BFL got put on the back burner with this whole move thing. I'll soon get back with it hardcore though so don't you worry! So that was it for my humble Monday. And I'm just realizing this as I'm blogging that we didn't have FHE this week. Shame on us!



366 Blessings:
#49- Awesome landlords

No comments: