Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Feel Great in 2008!

Today was a pretty good day. I woke up and although I didn't get to the gym as early as I planned since I needed to nurse Joaquin I still got there early enough to be able to go before Robert went to work. Today was cardio and I ran/walked. I was breathing heavy let me tell you. I don't think I've mentioned it really before but I have committed to running a half marathon on January 10th of '09 in the Walt Disney World Marathon race. My awesome Aunt has made an offer to any of her siblings, nieces or nephews that if they will run this race she'll pay entrance fees and motel fees which is a sweet offer. This one coming up will be her 3rd annual race and there's like 5 or so of us signed up. If we fail to run then we have to pay her for what she offered to pay so it's a big commitment. So this is major motivation to me to run and I've always wanted to run a marathon so this is a super opportunity. I plan on running 3 times a week for this first 12 weeks so I can lose weight at first and then I'll be able to run a lot more often and train hard for this race. Anyway, it had been about a year since I ran so yeah... major booty kicking. And man it felt good to get in the zone and work it! The rest of the day went pretty smoothly. When I was putting the kids down for their naps I fell asleep as well. I decided I deserved a good nap so I enjoyed it very much. Tonight we had our Enrichment meeting and the theme was Feel Great in 2008. Baily went to her cousin's birthday party at Chuck E Cheese so I only had Joaquin with me which was nice. I got to go with my pal Malissa. She's always good about giving me a ride and chaffeuring me around. I had planned on one of my free meals for the week as the meal at this activity so I was a little bummed that it was healthy food... kinda crazy I know. It was quiche and even though I wasn't sure if I'd like it, it was pretty good. My brothers always loved my mom's quiche when we were growing up and I always hated it but I must say that I think I'm not a quiche fan. After we ate there were 2 speakers. One spoke on nourishing our bodies and the other spoke on nourishing our spirits. I must admit that I had a hard time getting into and following the first speaker. Maybe it was just very basic and stuff I've heard a million times but it was a little non-exciting for me. I'm sure it was just me. I really enjoyed the 2nd speaker though. She's in our ward and is such an awesome sister. I've always loved her lessons and this one was good. It really made me think about things I can do to better nourish my soul and stop feeding it spiritual junk food. It was fun to get out and spend some time with my ward sisters. They're all such great friends and I love 'em so much. I'm excited to go to lunch with them tomorrow. After I got home I hung with my fam for a bit and then got my kiddos to sleep. After tonight I've decided to really make this a great year physically and spiritually so I can feel great in 2008!
366 Blessings:
#36- Good girl-friends

4 comments:

Tamie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tamie said...

good job on starting the "new healthy you" good luck on the marathon training as well. getting up earlier to take care of "you" is always so difficlt. hence, i haven't been on a treadmill in a really long time. just remember to be patient. :)

Malissa said...

How funny..I just blogged about my ward friends also and how great you and all of them are!! I love our ward!!

Emily said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, this is just reminding me that I need to excersize.