Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Home Sweet Home

I woke up on Sunday content as can be. I was so happy to finally be able to say I live in my own home sweet home. The majority of the day was spent unpacking, putting rooms and furniture together and all that kind of stuff. We have so much stuff! We had planned on going to our old ward to say our goodbyes but by the time we found everything we needed to get ready it was already too late. I was bummed about missing church because I really wanted to go but oh well. We kept busy all day and it was tiring. Baily and Robert were pooped and sacked out on the couch. We had our first home cooked dinner that night and we had to make it, of course, spaghetti. I think that's our official Dominguez family meal. I like it since it's so easy and it's Robert's favorite food so it works out. All day Baily kept saying "I lika house mommy." She's still telling me that about every 15 minutes. I'm so glad she likes the house. I do too! (Have I mentioned that already?) That night Baily took her first real bath (she could only take showers up to this point with me) and although she was hesitant at first, once she finally sat down in the water, she loved it. Now I hear all day long... "mommy me take a bath." I also took my first bath in like 3 years and it was awesome. I missed my long baths with candles and pretty music. It's a nightly ritual now. It was a good first day in our new home.
366 Blessings:
#48- Living with my sweet family in our own home!

No comments: