Friday, February 08, 2008

Ready or Not... and Happy Birthday Patty!

Wednesday was a pretty good day. I got to go to lunch with the girlfriends in my ward at Red Robin for our friend Monica's birthday. Usually if someone in our group has a birthday it's a tradition to go out to eat, usually at Red Robin and we all chow down on fries and ranch while we wait for our lunch- so good. It's just tradition and I'm always so excited when it's someone's birthday and we get to go out. (BTW... this was one of my planned free meals for my BFL). I have to say that I have the best friends ever and I'm so grateful to have met them through my ward. After we got home I attempted to put Baily down for her nap. Yeah... not so much success with that. I sadly came to the realization that she's pretty much done with her day time naps. I thought it was way too early for that but I guess every kid is different. I'm so not ready to give up her nap but she so is. It had been a struggle every day lately and I would just end up frustrated at wasting 2-3 hours trying to get her to sleep and then when she did it was so late in the day and then she would be up way too late at night and we would have a whole new struggle trying to get her to bed at night. So with a heavy heart and after some advice from my step-mom it's farewell to Baily's daytime naps. I know she'll need them sometimes but I'm not gonna stress about it. If I try to put her down and she doesn't fall asleep within 20 or 30 minutes I'll just drop it. So anyway, later on that day my nephew Bryan asked me if we could make cupcakes for him to take to school for his birthday. How could I say no to my sweet little nephew? And of course Baily had to help as well. So we made some yummy cupcakes and they had blue frosting with green sprinkles at Bryan's request. So that was good times. And I'm happy to report that I didn't even have one little lick or taste. Go me for having will power! Later that night after a really good dinner of steak, roasted red potatoes and steamed broccoli we had an appointment with our Bishop to talk about stuff and get some advice on financial struggles we've been having. I just have to say how much I love our Bishop and how I know without a doubt that he's been called by God. He gave us amazing advice and council and it really have us a lift and a lot of hope instead of doubt. We just need to follow that advice and guidance now. After we got home from that I went and worked out my lower body even though it was kind of late. I wasn't able to go in the morning since Robert switched his schedule and worked early. It was a great workout and I was sore for days afterward. And some random notes... I'm so excited about the new First Presidency. I was really surprised to hear Elder Uchtdorf called in their since he's so young and one of the newer Apostles but I'm excited about it. I love how the Lord guides and leads His church and how it all runs so smoothly. I'm excited to find out who the new Apostle will be. And also I'm so excited about the Suns getting Shaq. Ever since I was little and my Grandpa Bud got me into basketball I've always loved Shaq... since he was on the Orlando Magic. I'm gonna miss Marion but I'm really stoked about having the big man on our team- I hope he helps get us the championship! And finally, it was my step-mom Patty's birthday on Wednesday and I just want to give a shout out to her.

She's been a part of our family since I was a very little kid and I've loved her ever since. She's one of my very best friends. I miss her so much and I wish so bad we lived closer to her. She's been an awesome mom and friend and grandma and I love her so much. So happy birthday on Wednesday Patty! We love you!

366 Blessings:

#37- Spices and seasonings

No comments: