Friday, February 29, 2008

Pres. Hinckley Quote

"I hope for you the very best that life has to offer, but I hope even more for a few simple things-things that come of the heart, things that come of the spirit, things that come of the divine within each of us.
When all is said and done, when you have lived your life and grown as old as I am, you will regognize that it is the simple virtues that count, that make the great differences in our lives. It is better to sleep at night with a clear conscience than to worry oneself sick while living a fraud.
When all is said and done, our success in life will not be spelled out in the money we make, in the honors we attain, in the plaudits of men, but in those virtues which become the essence of that which is greatest within each of us." GBH

2 comments:

Tamie said...

what a great reminder of what is really important in life and especially to not live fraudulently --in anything.

The Chan Clan said...

Yes I do remember you, and I yes I did see you while I was pregnant. And I even remembered your name (: I should have been the one to say 'hello', but sometimes I think people won't recognize from the good ol' days, because of my lovely weight gain (: I am glad you did (: I see you have some adorable babies and I am glad to see you so happy as a being a mommy. I hope life continues to bless you and drop on in on my blog anytime.