Monday, October 27, 2008

Saturday Is A Special Day

Saturday October 25, 2008
Saturday was a pretty swell day. We hung out during the morning and just relaxed Saturday morning style. Robert got this hideous blow up goal post from his uncle and he was so excited about it. He and the kids had so much fun playing with it. I told him to enjoy it now because once we move the only chance of it coming out is for something like a super bowl party. The reason the kids were wearing funny hats is because Robert said they needed "helmets" when they're playing football-lol. I bet you can't guess what Joaquin's going to be for Halloween... It may be a tacky toy but I'm glad my family had so much fun with it. Later on I went to our Primary Program Practice/Pizza Party at the church. It went very well and I have to admit that I got pretty teary eyed and emotional as I heard those sweet kids sing those sweet hymns. I'm going to miss my calling and all the precious kids I've grown so attached to. I'm also going to miss being able to spend so much time with the other Presidency members. They're such awesome sisters! After that I came home and I don't know if it was because I was in a Primary song mood and had the song "Saturday is a special day" in my head but I was ready for some Saturday cleaning. That's a rare event folks. I usually work at it all week but I thought I'd try and get a head start on the coming week. Robert took the kids to the park and I cleaned like a mad woman and it felt so good. It actually put me in a pretty good mood and once my family got home and the house was cleaned I was set up for a nice Saturday evening. At Baily's request for crabby patties and Robert's request for fried potatoes I made a yummy dinner that put us in the 50's mood as Robert played 50's music while I cooked. We were all jamming out and dancing to the good oldies and it was so much fun. Baily was so happy and the spirit was just so strong and wonderful that night. We didn't do anything special in particular but this Saturday really was a special day and one that I will hold dear in my memory and heart. It's so true that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass!

366 Blessings:
#299- Jamming to 50's music and enjoying homeade cheeseburgers and fried potatoes

No comments: