Saturday, October 11, 2008

Just Us

Friday October 10, 2008
Yesterday we had nowhere to go, nothing to do or be and it was great. We just wanted a day to chill and relax a little bit. In the mid-morning Robert took on the heavy task of washing our filthy van- inside and out. I always said I would never be one of "those" moms who let their cars get so dirty and let their kids eat in the car. Ha ha... yeah right! So yeah, it needed some help. While he cleaned I sat out with the kids as they inspected his work, Baily attempted to ride her bike, we got attacked by a million flies and I was super grumpy. I don't particularly know why but I was. Sorry about that dear family! Anyway, I felt bad for being so impatient with Baily while I was trying to help her learn how to pedal a bike (she's behind on that milestone for some reason) and I was so annoyed with the millions of flies so Joaquin and I went inside. He loves to play in his room (as long as one of us is in there with him), and he recently discovered how to "drive" his toy cars. It's so dang cute. He'll drive it all around the house over and over again. He definitely is all boy. It's crazy how that works. Even when I clip his fingernails or scrub him up in the bath his nails and just him in general is always so dirty. He does the same things as Baily but he's always more dirty and especially his fingernails. Baily's have never been that bad. I guess it is just a boy thing. After Rob finished up with the car he came in and we were all couch potatoes for a while which felt pretty dang good. We watched a couple of episodes of The Office and we were cracking up. That show is seriously so hilarious. Later on in the day we took advantage of the perfect weather (finally!) and headed down to our little park. Baily rode her tricyle half-way there! It took her a while but she's finally getting the hang of it. We had a really peaceful, fun time at the park and it was just so nice. After we got home we bathed our filthy, filthy kids and ourselves, ate dinner and attempted to watch movies but we all crashed once again. It was a pretty uneventful day and I loved it! (Except for the me being grumpy part...)


366 Blessings:
#284- My husband still loves me despite my grumpiness.

No comments: