Friday, October 24, 2008

Baily's first field trip and We'll miss you Emely!!

Friday October 24, 2008
Friday was a pretty eventful day. We were pretty excited about Baily's first field trip with her Pre-School. It was to a cute little farm called Vertuccio Farms. Robert and I were especially excited since we weren't able to go to Schnepf Farms this year like we always do (so bummed about that STILL!). So we all trekked out there and Robert dropped Baily and I off with her class while he and Emely and Joaquin went to go get groceries. Baily was in a mood and I was worried at first that the whole field trip was going to be a bust because she was such a grump. She was really excited until we got in and then she became super shy and super clingy. Her teacher, Mrs. Jen is so great though and she took Baily into the little hay maze and helped Baily come out of her shell. She is such a patient woman! The kids had fun with the hay maze, looking at the farm animals, jumping on the "jumpies" as Baily calls them, playing in the sandpit with the sand toys, running around, riding the kiddy train, enjoying a yummy lunch that Mrs. Jen prepared for them (she really is awesome) and picking out pumpkins and decorating them. Mrs. Jen found these pumpkin decorations at Wal-Mart that are kinda like Mr. Potato Head where there's different eyes, ears, noses and mouths and you just poke them into the pumpkin. Genious! I loved Baily's pumpkin and thought it turned out so cute. When we finished up there Robert picked us up, we went home for a bit and then we headed to the airport to drop off Emely. She was pretty scared (it was only her 2nd time flying in her whole life) and nervous and we were sad to see her go but I know she'll do fine and I'm excited for her to start a new adventure in her life. We're sure gonna miss her! Baily took it much better than I thought but I think she thinks Emely's just going on a trip and will be back soon. She was excited to see her cousins there (Robert's sister Loren and 3 of her boys came to see Emely off as well) and I got these precious pictures of her and Tyler holding hands throughout the airport. Precious! Robert headed to his mom's house with the kids while I waited for my brother Alex and his friends at the airport. They were flying that night to Utah for a quick weekend trip and I was gonna take their car for them so they wouldn't have to pay airport parking prices. After I got their car I met Robert at his mom's for a quick visit. Then we went to our favorite little Mexican food restaurant on Main- Mangos. Robert and I went here on our first date and have a great, friendly relationship with the people that work there. It's been a big part of our family from the beginning. We told them about our move and they were sad to lose us but we told them we'd be back every time we visit. I'm going to miss being able to go there so often but it was good to be able to go there for a last visit before we move. I hope we can go at least once more before the big move. After that we headed home and I don't remember what we did for the rest of the night. And that's all.

366 Blessings:
#298- Baily's creativity

No comments: