Sunday, October 19, 2008

Dominguez Family Love

Saturday October 18, 2008
Yesterday was a wonderful day. We just hung out and enjoyed some family time in the morning and then we headed out to Mesa for Robert's family's semi-annual family reunion- the Dominguez family reunion. I was begging Robert to tell his mom so I would be able to tell the rest of the family good-bye before we left since it would probably be a while before we saw most them again. Well he didn't. He was pretty scared about telling her. He did let me tell some people though as long as they promised not to spill the beans to anyone else and he promised he would tell her later that night. There wasn't a huge turn-out but it was still great to spend time with the family that was there. I am so, so grateful that I married into this awesome family. I love my in-law family so much and I'm gonna miss them like crazy. I actually spent a lot of time just sitting there and trying to soak it all in- the warm weather, the faces and spirits there and just the feeling of being a member of such an awesome family. Robert didn't get the chance to tell his mom until he was on the phone with her on our way home. She took it pretty well and she knew that we have to do what we have to do to take care of our family. She brought up the point that we're finally doing the Lord's will this time as this opportunity has been put in our path. We've thought about making this move many times before and even though we've turned the choice down it keeps coming into our path. She said commented how the Lord has kept giving us this option for a reason and even though He can't make us do anything He can keep presenting the offer. I never thought of this before. She's so wise and I'm so grateful for her, and all of our family, for being so understanding and selfless in their love for our family and realizing that this is what we need to do right now. My niece told Robert that after she got off the phone with him she spent a good amount of crying which breaks my heart. Even though I'm positive that moving to Wisconsin is what we're supposed to do right now we're still going to miss our families so much. Oh how I love my MIL Cande! I'm going to miss her so much as I know all my family will. After we got home we enjoyed some hot chocolate and delicious caramel apples. Mmm... Baily watched her Monster House movie and then we all crashed. It was a pretty great day.

366 Blessings:
#292- Being part of the Dominguez family

No comments: