Thursday, October 02, 2008

Let's try this again.

Wednesday October 1, 2008
So I'm attempting to get back to my daily blogging again but no promises. I've finally come to terms that having 2 kids really does take a lot more time than 1 (nice of me to come to terms with this when my baby's almost 10 months old!). But anyway, Wednesday was pretty uneventful which can be good. I started training with a new running partner and I'm pretty excited about that. We're about the same height so our stride is the same and we're both starting at the same level with common goals. She's awesome. We're not training for a social hour but to have someone to work on the same goals with as well as someone to be accountable to. Although I haven't trained the last 3 days but I'll get to that later. But yeah it was great having a running partner on Wednesday. Also on Wednesday I went to our first park day since summer started and left (it was still pretty toasty though). It was a little rough on me though since I had drank a ton of water and even though I went to the bathroom right before I walked to the park I had to go really bad about half-way there. I knew if I turned back Baily would have an all-out tantrum so I decided to try and stick it out. I was relieved that there were other moms and kids there this time. I tried to enjoy socializing but I had to go so bad it hurt. Well it usually hurts anyway because of all my UTI's lately. So I was so emabarrassed but I humbled myself and asked someone if they could please run me home so I could go to the bathroom. Thankfully someone was headed out and she ran me home while the other sisters watched my kiddos for me. I barely made it and it hurt so bad. From them on until like Saturday evening I was in so much pain with one of the worst UTI's I've ever had. Anyway, after I went back to the park Baily played a little longer and I was able to enjoy myself a little more in chit-chatting with my friends and a friend offered to bring us home instead of us having to walk (it was super hot by then and I was still in a lot of pain) so I was so thankful for that. The rest of the day was spent cleaning and doing daily things. Baily had fun playing cowgirl as you can see and kept shooting me. I was grateful though because I felt like being shot to be put out of my pain. And that's pretty much all I remember about Wednesday. Oh yeah, we had a really good shrimp dinner. Yum, yum! And here's a video of my boy doing one of his favorite things, throwing a ball. And I have to say- he's pretty darn good at it. Robert says he's gonna be a Quarterback some day. I say it's practice for good throw-ins for soccer. I guess we'll find out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSbwXan4pPs

366 Blessings:
#275-Getting an awesome running partner!

No comments: