Wednesday, October 01, 2008

On my mind...

So here's some things that were or are on my mind during September and things that I want to "write" down so I don't forget them:
*Having UTI's constantly among other health problems for a month with no insurance STINKS!
*I LOVE the Cub Scout program. I got to go to a Little Philmont training which is like training from the Church's point of view and is more focused on Boy Scouts but it was so spiritually motivating and brought a realization to me of how important that Scouting program is for our boys.
*Since Baily has turned 3 she's been ROTTEN! There's been lots of tantrums, time spent in time-out, defiance, spanking and it's no fun at all. Gerald and Rachelle took her up to Show Low for 2 nights, Rachelle picked her up on a Friday and they dropped her off on a Sunday, and it was her first time away from us for so long. I was very hesitant to let her go because I was worried she would feel abandoned (Robert said I was being too dramatic but I really did worry about that) and that she would freak out at night-time when we weren't there. Well she did awesome and didn't have any tantrums or throw any fits and had a blast. I, on the other hand, missed her like crazy and shed a few tears but it was good for me because I definitely needed a break from the rotten-ness and when she came back I had gained a greater love and appreciation for her and a stronger determination to not yell or discipline her too harshly so much. It's good to know she will be ok without us for a few days too.
*I've finished up reading the May Ensign of General Conference talks, FINALLY, and I loved all of the talks. There really is such a difference in my life when I read these wonderful talks daily. I love and am so grateful to live in a time where the church is fully restored and we having a living Prophet and Apostles and General Authorities who we get to hear from at least twice a year.
*I'm so grateful for such an awesome ward who helps out so much, especially with giving me and my kids rides to church and other activities for my calling as well as helping with my kids at church. I'm so blessed to be in such a great ward!
*I loved, loved, loved the RS General Broadcast and it was the strongest I've felt the Spirit in a long time. I loved Pres. Uchtdorf's talk, especially the part about being able to create things of beauty all around us. The dinner beforehand and being able to socialize with friends from my ward without interruptions was so great as well!
*I've been so touched in reading the Nie Nie Dialougues and her sister's blog about their recovery and it's really made me think about enjoying my life all the time and stop worrying about the little things that don't matter and enjoy being a mom and my kids. It's also made me so grateful to have the gospel in my life.
*Eagle Eye was an awesome movie!
*Poor little Belle, used to be our dog and became the Dominguez family dog, passed away very unexpectedly and it was a very sad thing for the family. She will be missed!
*I LOVED Breaking Dawn! It was my favorite even though it was full of so many twists and turns that totally threw me off. I'm just so sad it's over. I totally think Stephenie Meyer could write more in the series, don't you?!
*I was worried about doing Sharing Time during September which my month and my first time since I got called to the Presidency but I LOVED it! I think they all went pretty well and the Spirit was so strong. I learned so much preparing for it and drew great strength from the Spirits of our sweet Primary kids. Sharing Time rocks!!
*I got to go to our ward's Sister Social Enrichment Activity which was just going to someone's house, eating good food and socializing and it was great. I love the feeling of ward sisterhood!
*There's so many tv shows I want to watch this season but am painfully giving (at least, trying) it up. I figure I'll just watch them when they come out on DVD. I'm talking about Heroes, Prison Break and Dancing With The Stars. However, I'm just giving up DWTS all together even though I really, really wanna watch because I just feel that it's not exactly giving me much spiritual enrichment. I'm still debating with this and other shows.
*I've never been involved with politics and I usually completely tune it out or shut my mind off whenever it's brought up buy my husband has gotten me into it lately with his listening to talk radio every time we're in the car. I'm still not sure about everything but I do know I like McCain better than Obama and I really like Palin. I'm embarrassed to admit that I've been pretty naive about our economy and it's struggles and when I learned more about it it really freaked me out and made me want to go out and get our year supply NOW! I wish I had the funds to support that desire! And I'm totally voting yes on 102!
*I LOVE the new kid's show on PBS called Sid the Science Kid. I even sometimes watch it when Baily's not here and is at Pre-School. He's so dang cute! (I'm looking for a friend, I'm looking for you... la la la...)

No comments: