Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving Perfection

Thanksgiving 2007 for the Dominguez family was wonderful. I woke up early to get everything packed and the house in order while Robert and Andre went and played football in the ward turkey bowl down the street. As soon as they got home and cleaned up we packed up and off we were to Show Low. Andre came with us since he didn't really have anywhere to go. The drive there was really calm and peaceful... our new van is so nice! It was a beautiful day and the scenery on the way was gorgeous. I enjoyed being able to reflect on the many blessings I'm grateful for and the beauty of God's creations. Baily was awesome which was such a relief. You never know with her and car trips. I have to say that the built in car seats in the van are heaven sent. She seems to really like them and she can't get out of them which is great and a huge burden off of our shoulders. When we got to my Abuelita's house my uncle's Kenny and Tim were there and later on Gerald and Rachelle showed up. We had a good time visiting and catching up. We were all grateful when it was time to eat because we were all starving. Dinner was absolutely delicious and we were all stuffed to the max by the time we were done. We just chatted and some people napped and relaxed for a while. Then we all watched the DVD Hairspray. I love that movie so much. I really need to buy it for myself. Anyway everyone seemed to enjoy it and get some good laughs out of it. After the movie we indulged in the most important part of Thanksgiving... pie- in my case, my Abuelita's punkin pie. It was amazing and wonderful and pure heaven! After that Robert, Andre, Alex and I played a roaring round of Scattergories. We were cracking up the whole time. Robert and I tied for first. It was good times, good times. Baily was having fun the whole time playing with her new kitchen set that Abuelita & Tia Fran bought for her. She loved it! She played with it and everyone that was willing to play with her got to enjoy lots of her good cooking along with her chocolate milk she kept making. After we played the game we hung out and chatted for a bit and then we all crashed. I truly had so much to be grateful for on this Thanksgiving Day. It was the perfect Thanksgiving... family, food, movies, games and lots of laughs and love!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your page now. With the Christmas music and everything! It's great. Keep up the great work and keep the updates coming about your pregnancy. Not much longer right?! You are a great mom! I'm glad we found each other on here. You are a blessing in my life! =)