Friday, November 16, 2007

4 Weeks and Counting!

Yesterday was a great day and it was the official 4 week countdown to Bubba being born. Wahoo!! It was overcast all day and I loved it! I know it sounds twisted to the outside world and to people who don't live in the valley of the sun, but overcast days are so cheerful for me. I always say I want to live in Washington so I could have rain and clouds all day but then I would probably get sick of it there. Baily and I got to go to park day for our ward yesterday morning and it was so much fun. We don't usually get to go so when I found out that I won't be baby-sitting my nephew on Thursdays and Fridays anymore (he's going to a home daycare... whew!) I was pumped that we got to go to park day. A friend from my ward gave us a ride. The weather was awesome. It sprinkled a little here and there and the kids seemed to love it. It smelled so good and I adored the cool, crispness of the air. There was a big turn-out. I didn't know it but some sisters brought food and drinks to celebrate 2 of the sisters in our ward's birthdays. It was a lot of fun to have so many friends to chat with and Baily had fun with all the kids to play with. I didn't eat there because I had the wonderful privilege of going to lunch with one of my best friends, my cousin Becca. She picked me up at the park (I really hate having to get a chaffeur everywhere I go... one of these days we'll have 2 cars!) and we went and ate at Someburros, one of my favorite Mexican restaurants. I had my normal beef chimichanga and it was dang good! I used to go there quite often with her and my aunt but I don't remember the last time I went. Like I've said before... absence makes the heart grow fonder. Lunch really hit the spot for my food cravings for the day. After she dropped us off Baily and I settled in bed and watched one of her new favorite "videos" that she watches every day, Toy Story. While she was watching it I had a nice, long conversation with my step-mom Patty. I hadn't talked to her in a while so it was nice to catch up and just chat. She is one of my very best friends and I love her so much. While Baily was taking a nap I read my scriptures. I'm right to the part in 3 Nephi where Christ comes to the Americas. This is my favorite part of the whole BOM. I love how in 3 Nephi 11 He invites everyone to come feel the wounds in his sides and the nailprints in his hands and feet "one by one." I always feel so much love for my Savior and such a strong desire to live his Gospel when I'm reading in this part of the BOM. Baily didn't take a very long nap and I was moving at a rather slow pace yesterday so I didn't read my conference talks. I'll have to catch up today since Robert won't be home until 8:30 and I have a lot of free reading time. The nice thing about Thursday is that Robert only works until 5 (his schedule is so screwy) so I was happy to have him home a little earlier. We enjoyed being able to sit down for dinner together and having a nice chat. Our home teacher came over and shared a nice thought about being nice and not complaining. The evening was nice and peaceful. We watched Blades Of Glory before we fell asleep. There were a few parts that were really funny but I was sort of disappointed. There was more perverse humor than I cared for which is very disappointing for me for John Heder. All in all it was a really good day yesterday though.

No comments: