Monday, November 12, 2007

A Sabbath Delight

Yesterday was truly a delightful Sabbath Day. It was quiet, calm and peaceful... just what I like. We woke up and watched Night at the Museum as a family. It was on tv and we caught it just as it started. All 3 of us were cracking up. It was a really good movie. We had some yummy orange cinnamon rolls and took our time getting ready for church. Church was good. In Sacrament they talked and prayed a lot about the veterans of our country since it was Veteran's Day. It really made me think about how grateful I am for my freedom and to live in this country and for all those who have and are fighting to allow me and my family that freedom. Thank you military! After Church we just relaxed and snacked while Robert watched the rest of his Cardinals game. And guess what? Well you'll never guess so I'll tell you. They won! So guess who was in a good mood all day? Roberts! Thank you Cardinals for finally winning a game! We didn't do much the rest of the evening... just more chillaxing. Robert had a nutritious wonderful frozen pizza and Baily and I had shells and cheese for dinner. Nice, huh? It was actually pretty good though and I was thankful to be off the hook of preparing a big meal and dealing with the clean up. I really got to rest yesterday which was sooo nice. We watched a little of Last of The Mohicans (I'm really into Native American stuff right now thanks to the book I'm reading) and we all crashed pretty early. I love nice Sundays like yesterday! Oh and I don't even remember what we were laughing about but I know we were laughing like all day yesterday and laughter is seriously like medicine for the soul. My sould just felt good and it was a wonderful feeling to have my tummy hurt from laughing so hard instead of just contractions. I love my family so much!
Virtue

3 comments:

Emily said...

I've been MIA for the last few days on the blog scene... glad to see you had a restful and happy sunday! Sorry to hear about your car, things will work out... they always do. Your attitude is great! I look up to you!

Malissa said...

I love nice sundays!!

Becca said...

It's a miracle! The Cardinals won! :) Sounds like you had a busy, but fun weekend. I need to check out the things they have in downtown mesa, they sound like so much fun. I love giant hamburguers, we use to get food there alot when I worked at Walgreens. Lucky!