Tuesday, November 27, 2007

O Christmas Tree!

Today was busy and tiring but great. I had a ton of laundry and cleaning to do after that long vacation weekend. I had to drop off Robert at work and then me and the Bug had to go to Wal-Mart to get more laundry soap (I swear those new 2x concentrate run out 2x faster... I think they're a rip off!) and milk and stuff. Then I was busy all day trying to entertain my whiny grumpy girl and clean and do laundry and all that fun stuff. Baily was talking non-stop today and I'm sure I would have probably been grumpy anyhow, but I would have given anything for 5 minutes of quiet. Well I actually did get a little quiet when she took her nap but it wasn't enough. The girl never stops talking! Anyway after Andre got home from school I had him help me run some errands. I had to deliver some Enrichment invitations so I drove around and he got out and actually delivered him. I was so grateful for his help... I was so tired today. After we delivered them all we went to Home Depot and got our Christmas tree. Baily was so excited about our tree. She kept talking to it. We came home and I stayed busy making dinner and working on laundry until it was time to go pick up Robert from work. When we got home he ate dinner and then it was FHE... tree decorating time. We wanted to put up the lights outside and do all the other decorations as well as the tree but it was way too late. We'll just have to finish tomorrow. But our tree is up and decorated and the Christmas spirit in our house is on fire! Baily had a lot of fun with it this year... she only broke one ball and I broke one as well. Not bad, not bad. She wasn't that into it at first but after a few "pitty, pitty" sugar cookies and seeing how fun it was to help she was all into it. I think it looks great and we had a fun time as a family with this fun Christmas tradition. The rest of the Christmas decorating will be done tomorrow. O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree...

Oh and since I'm pretty sure Beau's never gonna do another post on his blog and I'm sure the rest of the family wants to see his fiance's ring, I'll post a picture for you. Isn't it beautiful? Ooooh... I'm so excited!!

2 comments:

Malissa said...

That is a gorgeous ring!! Good work Beau! Your brave to put up a tree, although I guess Bailey is old enough not to rip the whol thing down...we're hjolding out, because I am vertain Jaxx will have it down and destroyed in a matter of 5 minutes!! Your tree looks great! Only like 3 more weeks or less! WHoo- hoo!!

Becca said...

What a fun day! Yes, I'll bake you some cinnamon rolls. Maybe I'll come do it at your house so you can have them hot? What do you think? And that you way you can watch my expert breadmaking skills aka my bosch. It makes it so so easy. I can't imagine mixing and kneading dough by hand. I could come and make you some while Korbin is at school tomorrow if you wanted. Let me know. I'll have to leave before they're done cooking because I'm not allowed anymore. :)