Thursday, November 15, 2007

Finally!

Wednesday was another very uneventful, boring day. Robert's schedule is driving me insane!! By the time he got home I was so tired and exhausted. I don't know how single moms handle caring for their children on their own. They must be blessed with an excess of energy or something. Anyway I loved the 3 conference talks I read. I always look forward to Elder Bednar's talks because he always, always helps me grasp certain gospel principles like I've never been able to do before. I remember when I heard the talk being excited that he was talking about the principle of clean hands and a pure heart because I knew I've never really grasped this principle. It's always easier for me to really get into the talks when I read them though so I can re-read and ponder. I loved his talk and really learned and gained a lot from it. My favorite part of his talk is:
"Let me suggest that hands are made clean through the process of putting off the natural man and by overcoming sin and the evil influences in our lives through the Savior’s Atonement. Hearts are purified as we receive His strengthening power to do good and become better. All of our worthy desires and good works, as necessary as they are, can never produce clean hands and a pure heart. It is the Atonement of Jesus Christ that provides both a cleansing and redeeming power that helps us to overcome sin and a sanctifying and strengthening power that helps us to become better than we ever could by relying only upon our own strength. The infinite Atonement is for both the sinner and for the saint in each of us."
Isn't that so profound. I never, ever thought or considered this as what having clean hands and a pure heart meant. I also got to read Pres. Hinckley's main conference talk on Wednesday as well and I, of coure, loved it. I love him so much and I just have the softest spot in my heart for dear Pres. Hinckley. I really do know without a doubt in my mind that he is the Lord's chosen Prophet for today. His talk was called "The Stone Cut Out of The Mountain." He bore such strong testimony. He always does. Oh how I love President Gordon B. Hinckley! And besides my spiritual reading I finally finished reading Eclipse. I'm afraid to say it since I don't want to harm my loyalty to my beloved Harry Potter series, but I think I may put these Twilight series at the top of my favorite books list. Especially this 3rd book Eclipse. I loved how this one ended but I must say it left me very torn... if you've read them you know what I mean, if not- Get with it! I'm glad in a sense that I'm done reading because now I feel like I can get on with my normal life but I really do miss reading the books already. After I finished I did spend a lot of quality one-on-one time with the Bug. We read her books for like an hour and played with a lot of her toys. Like I said, I was so exhausted by the time Robert got home but it was good to not feel guilty about not spending quality time with my baby.

No comments: