Monday, November 05, 2007

Dec. 13th or Bust!!

That's right... Bubba is scheduled to make his big entrance into this world on December 13th! Wahoo!! I'm so excited and so anxious at the same time. That's only a little over 5 weeks away. I'm so excited to hold my baby boy though. It's crazy that we can schedule his birthdate like we did. My Dr.'s appointment went well and he just commented that he seems to be growing nice and big. By the way... I'm almost 100% positive his name will be Antonio Joaquin and we'll call him Joaquin. We got the name when we were watching Walk the Line with Joaquin Phoenix and I was pleasantly surprised when I aske Robert if he liked that name and he agreed. It just feels right for our baby to be named Joaquin. What do y'all think? And plus Joaquin Phoenix is like one of my favorite all-time actors.

The rest of the day I pretty much wasted a lot of time. I didn't feel well at all. I felt a little nauseous but thank goodness I didn't puke at all. I did feel very achy and sore and completely drained with no energy. My poor baby watched movies all day and didn't get much attention which I feel so guilty about. I had so much cleaning and laundry to do but all I could manage was the dishes. Even that took a lot out of me. Robert is sick with a stomach bug and has pretty much slept since the minute he got home. Mya didn't come today because she was diagnosed with pneumonia. I guess this is just the time of year for sickness to go around. I still hate wasting so much time doing nothing productive though. I finally finished reading New Moon and am onto Eclipse. I wish I could just pause my life for like a day or 2 and just finish it. It's so time consuming and mind consuming to read books that are so good and addicting. I found a way to use my addiction for good though. I got my General Conference Ensign in the mail today and I told myself I'm not allowed to read my other books until I've read my goal of 3 talks a day. This way I actually read all the talks within the month like I always plan on doing but never do. I always get a huge spiritual boost and lift when I read the talks. I really enjoyed the talks I read today... especially the one Pres. Faust prepared but didn't get the chance to speak. It was awesome! We didn't have FHE tonight and I didn't make dinner so shame on me. I had a $4 meal from Taco Bell and Robert felt too sick to eat. I'll probably have FHE tomorrow night though so I won't feel guilty. Hope everyone else doesn't get sick. It's the pits!

8 comments:

Dustin & Ashley said...

I'm stinkin excited for you guys to have a boy! It's really an exciting time for you all...especially that it's so close to Christmas!

Becca said...

Yay! December 13th! Two days before the Willis Taco Party....you'll be there right? Ha! I'll eat a couple of tamales for you. :) I like the name, it flows nicely. And was it just me or does your mother in law whole heartedly agree on the name. She seemed enthusiatic about it at the shower. Hooray for the light at the end of the tunnel!

Janel said...

Hey Sarah!

I am so sorry I missed your shower, it looked like lots of fun! How exciting to have a solid date, it makes things so much more fun to plan. Joaquin is cute!!

Tamie said...

the count-down begins (for real)....i think the name you chose is great for your little family. it fits very well. sadly i think that i will be waiting for a quite a while for my next stephanie meyer book, sigh....for now i can just dream of that PERFECT man! well...perhaps not exactly perfect considering that he is not really alive. :)

collegegirl19 said...

Hey-how exciting! Believe me it will come fast! You know how I know that? Cuz thats about the time I get out for Christmas break! So don't worry-I'll make it come fast for both of us! Hope you all are doing well-i love reading your blogs! love ya

Logan & Lindy said...

Hey Dec 13 is my Dads birthdy!!!

Malissa said...

Yay a date!! There is light at the end of the tunnel!! Hope you're all feeling better over there!

Unknown said...

I will love having a nephew. Especially if he's into theater and stuff, which I fully condone and exacerbate. Wahoo! Exciting stuff, exciting stuff.