Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A Long, Slow Day

Nothing exciting or eventful happened yesterday. Poor little Mya had to leave early to go to Urgent Care. She has a horrible infection on her nose. It's a big sore and she's really congested so it's running constantly and bleeding from being so raw. I felt so bad and helpless... I didn't want to wipe her nose because it was so sore and bloody but I knew she needed to breathe. Poor baby! I found myself checking the time like every 15 minutes all day yesterday. I really missed my husband. And it's hard trying to entertain a 2 year old by yourself all day long. The good thing though is that Baily has been so wonderful this past week. She's been so much fun to be around. The only time she's really ever fussy is for about 15 minutes after she wakes up from her nap. She's always saying or doing something to crack me up. And her talking is crazy. She's always talking and is really starting to get good at full sentences. And someone must have turned her appetite switch back on because the girl is always eating! She seriously reminds me of the cookie monster. She had eggs and cereal for breakfast, like 5 bowls of applesauce followed by some cut up meat from her Abuela, apples, crackers, grapes, cheese, 2 bowls of pasta for lunch and who knows how much else yesterday. Then at dinner she ate tons of spaghetti, fries, her daddy's tomatos from his salad, breadsticks. I was just like "where did this come from?" I guess she's making up for lost time since she's been eating like a bird the past 2 or 3 weeks. She must be going throgh a growth spurt or something. Anyway, she's been such a sweetheart lately and I'm so grateful for that. I felt kind of guilty yesterday because I didn't give her all that much full on attention as I probably should have. I got what little I needed to do done and I pretty much had my nose stuck in a book all day. I was with Baily wherever she was- outside, in her room playing, watching videos... I was just reading in the meantime. The talks I read yesterday were awesome of course and I really, really loved Sis. Beck's talk called "Mothers Who Know." I honestly think I underlined pretty much the whole talk. I was so sad to see Sis. Parkin released as General Relief Society President but I'm really liking Sis. Beck. I got a lot out of the talks I read and made some more personal goals I'm excited about from them. The rest of my reading was from Eclipse. I could not put it down! I think I read like 300 pages yesterday. I kept saying "only one more chapter" and then 3 chapters later I would say the same thing again. I have about 100 pages left and I wanted so bad to stay up and finish it last night but I just couldn't keep my eyes open. I'm pretty sure I'll finish it today though. It will be bittersweet. I'm gonna miss having a good book to read and hate having to wait like a year for the next one to come out. But it'll be good to have the time I would devote to reading to spend or more productive things... especially giving Baily more attention. I only have 1 more month left with just her and I really want to use that time to devote to her full attention. After Robert got home we went and treated ourself to some dinner from Fazoli's. He finally got my prize money from the Halloween dessert competition at his work. And I feel a little regretful about spending some of it on food but it was good. I gave him the rest of the change and told him to save it for our anniversary coming up. He's much more capable of saving it than I am. I spend money wat too easily... I am really working on gaining more self-control and self-discipline in that department. So sorry about the boring post but that was my simple day for ya'.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sometimes the slow, boring days are better than the crazy eventful days, you know what I mean? Haha. See you next week, sista Christian!

collegegirl19 said...

Hey-welcome to raising a girl! Sounds exactly like me when I was younger, and even til I got through my teenage years-I had a wierd appetite sometimes. Of course now-I am a college student and food is always right in front of me haha! I also read Sis. Beck's talk. I wasn't going to because I thought it was directed towards mothers, but I got a lot out of it as well-good info for my future. I was thinking of you the whole time I read it too, and how wonderful of a mother you are! Hope you are feeling alright(: Have a good one!

Becca said...

Mmmm fazoli's.I haven't had that in years. I wish Brooke would have an appetite, she's never hungry. You are so lucky to have a little girl that'll eat!

Tamie said...

still waiting on the next book.... :) hopefully soon. so i can only wish it was me wasting time reading a great fantasy book.