Thursday, November 08, 2007

Takin' It Easy

I've decided to cut myself a little slack and not give myself a guilt trip about takin' it easy during my 9th month of pregnancy. So that's my new motto right now... to take it easy and just chill. I'm not saying I'm gonna be lazy and not do what needs to be done- I'm just not going to go overboard to be little miss productive. I got my house cleaned this morning and even though I needed to do laundry I wasn't able to because the washer and dryer were being used all day long. But I tried not to stress about it. I got the important stuff done and then I did a lot of reading. I have to note how much I treasured Elder Wirthlin's conference talk called "The Greatest Commandment." It was all about charity and love. The Saturday afternoon session was the only one I didn't watch live but I did try to watch some of the talks online. All I remembered about Elder Wirthlin's talk was how hard it was for him to get through it and that Elder Nelson had to come and help hold him up. After reading the talk I feel bad that I was so distracted because it was seriously one of the best talks I've ever read about charity and love. I'm so ashamed to admit that for some strange reason, sometimes this principle is so hard for me. I really needed to read these words and let them soak in. It was definitely another life changing talk for me and I'm so grateful to have read it today. After Robert got home from work Baily and I went over to my Aunt Marilyn's for a phone call I had coming from my mom. I know I've said it before but I just have to say how grateful I am for my Aunt to so kindly open up her house to me so I can talk to my mom and for her to be willing to pay for such expensive phone calls. Speaking of charity... this is a true act of charity for me and my mom. Anyway we had a good visit but I could tell as we discussed the upcoming events of the holidays and Bubba's arrival she was really down about missing all of this. I stayed strong for her on the phone but I was just heart-broken and realized how much I wanted her to be here for all of this as well. After I got home Robert was playing X-Box and I felt like I was a time bomb of emotion ready to go off so I took Baily to the park. It was so cute when I pulled up and she realized where we were... she just said so excitedly "oh mommy, thank you so much." I can't believe how advanced her talking is getting. Anyway she had fun as always and it lifted my heart to watch my beautiful baby girl enjoying her life so much. Oh how much I love her! After we came home I got to work on dinner. Robert could tell something was bothering me and as soon as he asked how my conversation went with my mom I lost it. I couldn't even talk without sobbing so he just grabbed me and held me in the tightest bearhug until I calmed down. I always hold things in, a bad problem I have, so he never really gets the chance to comfort me like this because he never knows what's wrong with me. It felt so good to be hugged and comforted and I just feel so grateful for the best husband I have. It was such a simple thing yet so powerful. After that I explained to him that I just missed my mom so much and that she felt the same way and how hard it was going to be for me to not have her here when I have my baby. He was so sweet and understanding and I felt much better after talking about it and the hug he gave me. After we ate and I cleaned up we walked to Safeway to find something I was craving- Jones soda (thanks Emily!) but it was too expensive so we'll have to wait on that. However we did stock up on candy- it was only 50 cents a bag. Robert got some to take to work and I got some to eat. I've never, ever had a sweet tooth like I've been having lately. At least I'm feeding my cravings and keeping it cheap. We came home and got ready for bed and watched "American Graffiti." After we go to the temple tomorrow for date night we're gonna go to Mesa's Friday Night Out downtown and it's a 50's theme. They're gonna have 50's music and classic cars cruising Main so it should be fun. We just got our mood set by watching this movie. Robert loves the music in it and he said he was gonna try to find a "hop" to take his baby (me) to. Lol... he's such a dork sometimes but I love him. I'm so excited about tomorrow- we're even gonna go eat burgers, fries and malts at a diner. If any of you wanna come and make it a double or group date let us know. It'll be fun!

4 comments:

Tamie said...

sigh...i'm so sorry that this is difficult for you. when is your mom done?(sorry if i'm offending, i just don't know). i'm glad that you're at least able to still talk with her pretty regularly. maybe not amking it any easier but dulling the aches that come with seperation. I'm glad that you let robert comofrt you. I think that i have the same diffculty in not wanting brook to know when i am down or depressed about something. in my mind i don't want him to get discourged about things like i am so i try to hide it (does that make any sense?). i know that it was good for you to let him comfort you and good for him as well. hey, at least it isn't scorching any more...or is it? :)

Beau said...

Hey Sis, yeah, that stinks to not have Mom out here with us, but hey, Ill tell you something I was reminded of in institute this morning...Elder Eyrings talk on recognizing Gods hand in our life and writing it down. It was awesome! But the personal revelation I recieved from the lesson was this: If we put more attention on what satan is doing to us, and how bad and annoying he is, then the less we are putting our attention on God, and what good He has done for us. The facts are going to remain, no matter what we think about or put our attention on, satan is always going to be doing bad things to us, and God is always going to be doing good things to and for us, but we decide which one we want to focus on. And the great thing about that is, whichever one we focus more on, whether its how much we hate and loath satan, or how much we love and adore God, the one we focus more on is the one that will appear more to us. Either we will find more reasons to hate satan cuz he keeps finding more ways to get to us, OR, we find more reasons to love God cuz He will keep finding more ways to bless us. Capisci?! Sorry, Ill get off my soap box now. I really dont mean to be non empathetic or sympathetic, I am just excited about what I was taught today. I love you Sis, and we will get through this, not alone, but all together.

Becca said...

I'm glad you were able to talk to your mom, I wish she was here for you in person. Your date tonight sounds fun, I hope you have a good time!

Unknown said...

That's so cool that Aunt Marilyn lets you talk to Mammasita on the phone at her house. I'm sure it's going to harder as time goes on with Mom being where she is, but we all have to remember how much of a blessing it is that she is helping out so many people there. I'm excited to see everyone for Thanksgiving. It's so close. Ahh! But I have to go and get ready to perform tonight. Again. Lol. Love that stage thing! Oh, I wanna go to that 50's stuff with ya. if I was there, I'd totally go with you. I could bring my new swoon. Her name is Ileva, we're going out on Sunday (the only day we're both available) to go see Across the Universe. Love ya sis!