Sunday, December 02, 2007

Here and There

Nothing too exciting happened yesterday. I dropped off Zach and Kenzie in the morning at their grandparents since they had a birthday party to go to and when Baily and I got home Robert went to a really important job interview. But I'll explain more about that later when we know more. After he got home I wanted to get out of the house for a little bit. There was a lot to do around the city but we're broke so we decided to just go to Chandler Mall and window shop. That probably wasn't my best idea. The traffic to get into there was insane and Baily was way overdo for a nap. Once we got inside it was ok for a while. Baily and I were treated to some delicious Haagen Daz Rocky Road ice cream. It was nice to sit and talk for a while about some issues and decisions Robert and I have coming up. Baily started breaking down big time so we didn't stay too long at the mall. It was kind of pointless anyway to just tease ourselves with not being able to buy anything. I'm really trying to be ok with us not being able to buy Christmas gifts this year but it's still hard. I wish we could have a magic shopping card that would let us buy gifts and not have to go into debt over it. But I realize I do have so much to be thankful for and should really just focus on the real Spirit of Christmas this season. No more trips to the mall! Anyway after we left and got into the van Baily had a tantrum for about 10 minutes and then she was out. She was just way overtired. Robert and I decided to forego our plans for an anniversary date and just hang out at home since we're so broke. Our anniversary's not until the 18th but we wanted to celebrate it last night since we're not gonna have another chance to until who knows when. Oh well. We decided to get some Chinese takeout. We got it from Golden Eggroll in Tempe. It was really good. We pretty much never have Chinese food so this was a nice change. We pretty much just hung out and watched tv, played with Baily and chilled for the rest of the day. I sat down and watched a whole movie with Baily for once. We watched Polar Exress. I had never seen it before because I was never really interested for some reason. It was really, really good. We enjoyed some popcorn and candy bars while we watched. Who needs money and a theatre to enjoy a good movie?! Later that night we also decided to not go to the light parade that we thought about going to. It was nice to just hang out at home and not have to worry about anything. We did take a walk around the neighborhood so Baily could look at all the "pitty, pitty wights." She's really into the Christmas lights this year and it's so fun. We discovered that a new pizza place, Fox's Pizza Den, just opened in the strip mall by our house so we tried it out for dinner last night. It was really good. It was a little pricey but Robert's mom and sister wanted to try it also so they went halves with us. We were all impressed. They sell pizza by the slice for lunch so it's nice to have that option so close. So like I said, nothing too exciting yesterday. Just some good ol' down time at the casa!

3 comments:

Tamie said...

so when is your due date? like you need reminding or anything, but since i never see you, i can't remember something like that. :)
we've got to get on the ball and take the boys to see some lights. there is a speedway not far from here that does and drive-through thing with lights and we've never gone; perhaps this is the year. :)

Malissa said...

I love days like that! I think it's way better than spending money and dealing with other people!! I would much rather hang out at home...I'm a home body! Good luck with your decision making!! You guys should make little gifts for each other, or coupon books....everyone loves a free foot massage or one coupon good for hubby to rub your feet!! Time to get creative!!

collegegirl19 said...

Ok-can I just tell you-The Polar Express is totally my FAVORITE Christmas movie ever! Everyone and their dog should watch it! I don't think you have a dog, you have better-you have adorable Bailey! I hope she enjoyed it cuz its a great movie. Sorry-random-have a great week!