Sunday, December 16, 2007

One Sweet Day!

So Thursday is a day I will never forget... the birth of my sweet son Antonio Joaquin! I obviously didn't get any sleep the night before so I was so ready to get up when 4:30 came around. After I got up and got ready, said a nice long prayer and kissed my baby girl about 39 times we were off to the hospital. I felt very excited but very calm. We went to the new hospital Banner Gateway. It is sooo nice! The staff was amazing! We got checked in and I went into triage where I got my IV and all my vitals taken and all that good stuff. While I was waiting I was having really bad contractions so I was happy to be there instead of at home suffering. After everything was explained to me I was taken into the C-Section room, given the spinal and within about 20 minutes I had a bouncing baby boy. Seriously it went that fast. After they gave me the spinal, which was about the only pain I experienced during the process, they brought Robert in and I just started crying with anticipation. As soon as I heard my baby cry I felt that wonderful feeling all over again that I felt when Baily was born. It was like I felt endowed with all this love. I know what my friends meant when they say you don't have to divide your love when you have a new kid... you're just given more love to give when they're born. It was the most wonderful feeling. After I was sewn up and everything put back together I was taken to the recovery room where I finally got to see my sweet son. He was 8lbs. 14oz. and 20in. A big boy! I told everyone he was gonna be big! I can't even imagine if I had gone the 2 extra weeks of pregnancy with him. Now hopefully everyone understands how uncomfortable I was with carrying an almost 9lb baby inside of me. He cried pretty much the whole time after he was born until I was able to hold him and feed him. He latched on like a pro which was such a relief to me. After he ate he was so calm and serene. I fell in love with him the minute I saw him. He's so sweet and so adorable. I think he looks so much like Baily when she was born... just a lot chunkier. I love his little rolls and he just has the sweetest countenance you can imagine. Oh how I love my little boy! We were only in the recovery room for about an hour and a half I'd say and then taken to my ginormous room. It was so big and spacey and nice. I was so anxious about Baily so I was so relieved and excited when she got to the hospital. When she came in the room she just said hi momma and was so excited to see her new little brother. It was the sweetest thing. She kissed him and was just so proud of her new baby. Gerald and Rachelle came down the night before so they got her up and ready and brought her to the hospital which I was so grateful for all their help. After a while they took Baily to the mall for the day so the rest of us could rest. And that's pretty much what we did the rest of the day. When they brought Baily back to the hospital she kissed the baby some more and I cuddled with her a little bit and then they all left to go eat at Olive Garden. I spent the night bonding with my buddy and praying my heart out in gratitude. I was amazed at how well I was feeling and how quickly I was healing. This birth was a million times easier on me than Baily's and I'm so grateful for that. I actually felt like I can do this again someday. By night I was already able to get up and had my catheter(sp?) out. And I never thought I'd be so happy about passing gas but when I did in the middle of the night I was shouting wahoo. You see, you can't eat real food until you pass gas after a C-Section. They take the baby to the nursery if you don't have anyone staying with you in the hospital at night if you've had a C-Section which I was bummed about but they brought him in every 1 1/2 - 2 hours so I could feed him. I never once had a problem feeding him and even though the sleep was broken up I still got pretty good sleep. Thursday was absolutely one sweet day!!!





4 comments:

Logan & Lindy said...

Sarah Congrats! He is so dang cute!!! I want to come see him. I think Becca and I wanted to come over on Wed. if they is alright I want to see him so bad! He is so cute. He is such a chubby little guy!!! I am so glad you are doing good. Let me know if you need any thing I am only 1 min away!!!

Malissa said...

Oh Sarah!! That video of him just makes me so happy!! So many memories brought back!! He is so beautiful and big!! I love it!! I'll be by soon!! I can't believe you have 2 kids!!

Emily said...

Congrats SARAH! He is gorgeous! I am so glad things went well-- you look beautiful too! COngratulations!! What a great Christmas blessing!

Emily said...

I'll leave more comments on all your other posts later, I have to take the kids to preschool!