Sunday, December 09, 2007

Here Comes Santa Claus...

Saturday was a nice day. It started with breakfast out with my girlfriends. I kept nagging them to go out with me before the baby comes since I don't know how soon I'll be able to go out with the girls again. So IHOP it was. There were 6 of us and it was a good time. Laughing and conversation with people who understand you and are pretty much on the same level is always nice. After breakfast I came home, got the house picked up and Baily cleaned up and us and Robert went to Fiesta Mall. I knew it wouldn't be that great since we had not one penny to spend but Baily and I needed to get out of the house for a little bit. Well we did it. We managed to not spend anything! It was a bummer to see all the things we wanted and know we couldn't but we still managed to have a good time. When we were done browsing around we let Baily play in the kid's area and she had a blast. Isn't she the cutest little girl ever?! Robert and I were watching her and talking about how we can't believe how fast time has gone with her... how quickly she's grown up. It's sad how fast time flies with your kids growing up. We came home after the mall, ate lunch and then I went to go put Baily down for her nap. Well I fell asleep with her and we took like a 2 hour nap while Robert enjoyed playing X-Box without getting dirty looks from me. It was so nice! I'm really digging this whole napping thing. After we woke up we just hung out for a little while and then got ready for our ward Christmas party. It ended up being a lot of fun. The theme was "An Old Fashioned Christmas" and it was really simple and laid back. It was nice. Even though I'm on the Activities Committee and should have helped out I didn't do one thing to help. I felt bad but I think I was let off the hook since I'm huge and pretty much useless and they weren't sure if I would be around or not. We were trying to psych Baily up all day about getting to see Santa and she was excited up until the minute it was her turn to sit on her lap and she started screaming. She ended up giving him her Christmas bell she got in exchange for not having to sit on his lap. It was so funny. We thought she might not want anything to do with Santa after her little episode but she talked about Santa Claus all that night and is still excited every time she sees him. I guess he's fine as long as she doesn't have to sit on his lap. Her favorite part of the whole night was the Nerds candy she got from Santa's sweet shop. I guess it really is the little things in life!





After we got home we ate some good ol' Digiorno's and watched part of Serendipity. After I put Baily to sleep I thought I was gonna crash as well but then the roller coaster of emotions started. I started freaking out about everything... some stupid and some not so stupid. Stuff like how Baily is gonna think we're replacing her when the baby comes and she won't feel as loved, and how sad she's gonna be when I'm not her at night while I'm at the hospital, and how I want to dress her in cute clothes while I'm gone and not outfits that don't match (BTW I'm going to have her clothes picked out for the days I'm in the hospital). Then I was all depresssed about my mom not going to be here and how much I miss her. I was a bawling, sobbing mess. Poor Robert was like what the crap happened to my wife?! It was crazy. After some prayer on my part and probably my husband's I was finally able to calm down and go to sleep. When I woke up I was just like what was that all about? It must be getting close 'cause these hormones are outta control!

No comments: