Saturday, November 21, 2009

Operation: "Saturday is a Special Day"

Saturday November 21, 2009
So yesterday I had a mission to accomplish- Operation: Saturday Is a Special Day. According to the popular children's LDS hymn, Saturday is a special day it's the day we get ready for Sunday... which includes cleaning and laundry and stuff like that. Well usually I try to clean all throughout the week- like Monday is floors, Tuesdays bathroom and laundry and so on and so forth. Well I didn't really get that done this week so I had a lot to do yesterday to make up for that. So it felt like I was truly on my Saturday Is a Special Day Mission. It kept me busy all day but it felt so good to at the end of the day to have a sparkly, fresh smelling home along with all my laundry cleaned, folded and put away. Baily even got in on the action and helped me pick up and fold towels. She's such a great helper and I need to let her help more often and not be so impatient and just try to do it all myself. And not only is she a great helper, she loves it. And I love that she loves to help;) I am definitely a believer of the principle "cleanliness is next to Godliness" because when my house is a mess is when I the beastliest- I get frustrated, feel worthless and all that jazz. But when my home's clean I feel so much more invigorated, motivated, focused and productive. So it feels great to have had a clean home at the end of the day. I also got a break in the midst of my cleaning with a sweet visit from my sweet Visiting Teachers. I love them so much. They have been such great friends and so diligent about not only visiting me each week but making me feel loved and watched over. They are awesome! I was also able to get my last minute grocery shopping done for the few things I needed for the week. So it was a productive day and that felt good. This is me and Baily after a hard day's work- tired but happy. (This is what I look like without makeup- scary I know!) I was disappointed that I didn't get my running in but I'm not going to beat myself up over it and go back hard at it on Monday. After Joaquin went to sleep (poor little fella wasn't feeling well and running a fever and me and Baily weren't feeling too swell either), Baily and I sat to relax and watch Cat in the Hat. It was her first time watching it and she loved it. I have a feeling we'll be watching that a lot in the future. And I thought this was so funny- this is Baily's puppy and apparently he was being naughty so she put him in timeout (this is her timeout spot). What a naughty little puppy! It scares me how much she's like me.

Discussion Question:
What are your cleaning tactics? All in one day once a week, something different every day, never...?

2 comments:

Julie said...

I clean most everyday so a little everyday but I am a classic "company coming" cleaner when everything gets organized and looks super nice. I guess I like being under presure!HA My style has change now that I have kids I think I let a little more go bue a clean house does feel so good

Janel said...

OH, I sure miss the sweet days when I could buckle down and get everything cleaned and laundry done and put away in one day. My house is just too big and there are too many of us. I've resorted to going for and upstairs/downstairs approach. Or sometimes its a straightening up/laundry day and then the next day is actual cleaning. Its really tough to get 2 days in a row to clean though, so it seems like it never quite gets completely done, unless, company is coming or something, and then that usually involves an all-nighter. I have to just tell myself that someday I will miss my housefull of little people and my house will be much easier to keep clean.