Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I feel like poo and my little tag-along.

Tuesday November 24, 2009
So as you might have figured out from my title, I felt like poo yesterday. It's nothing major- either a common cold or allergies. Either way though it feels like poo. I felt so drained and weak and achey. Blegh. So yesterday was spent with a lot of watching tv and vegging on the couch and catching up on some magazine reading. I got my December Ensign and Friend yesterday and I was stoked. It was good reading. And thankfully my kids were pretty chill so I was able to get some rest. They even dressed up. Baily loves the movie Titanic (thanks to her dad) and she decided that she was going to be a Princess and Joaquin would be "her Jack." That girl- her imagination's on fire these days. Well the closest thing we could come up with for a Jack outfit was this Knight costume that Patty got him a year or two ago that I thought would be too big but apparently I was wrong. He wore it for about 3 minutes and then was done with it. Sorry Baily- apparently Joaquin's not into the whole dressup gig like you:/ They did look pretty cute for those 3 minutes as Princess and Jack though;)I was also very blessed by some charity from my sweet Step-mom Patty. I don't think I mention her enough but I have to say that she's one of my very best friends and I'm so grateful to be living so close to her now and for how close we've become. She's always there for me and my family when I need her- whether it be for baby-sitting, advice, food, conversation... anything. I love her so much. Yesterday she must have sensed that I was feeling like poo so she came over to drop off some Christmas lights (since we don't have any) and ended up taking Baily with her to the store and then to her house while I put Joaquin down for a nap so I could get some much needed R&R. Then she brought over a casserole for dinner because she knew I didn't feel like cooking. Like I said, she's awesome. What a blessing to me! I was also blessed to have my little tag-along by my side for the whole day except when she was with Grandma. It doesn't matter where I was, Baily was by my side. She definitely loves and adores her daddy, but when it comes down to it, she's still a Momma's girl. Sometimes it bugs the heck out of me but yesterday I quite enjoyed her constant companionship. She's always making me laugh with her wits and sillyness and is usually willing to help me out when I need something. Love this girl!And I must also say that I was sooo excited that Donny won Dancing With The Stars. Wahoo! And even better, my husband didn't have to work until 10 and get home at 11- he was home by 9 so I actually got to see him for a little while before I crashed. I love that man. I miss him- he's been working so much lately. I'm excited for Thanksgiving day when we get him to have him home all day. I may feel like poo but life is great:)
Discussion Question:
Who has been a blessing in your life lately and why?

No comments: