Sunday, November 29, 2009

New Sunday Traditions

Sunday November 29, 2009
Yesterday was a good, good day. After taking too long to get going and working hard to let faith overcome fear on my part we got to church an hour late. I'm going to make it a point to not be late to church anymore. It's really a weakness I have and need to overcome. I'm so glad we made it to church because Robert and I got to sit together in Sunday School and since it was the 5th Sunday we got to sit together for the combined RS/Priesthood meeting taught by the Bishop. Both were so awesome. We have such an awesome Bishop and I'm so grateful for him and his family. After we got home I got dinner ready and then my Dad & Patty & Eyan came over and we started our new tradition of having Sunday family dinners together. We are going to rotate it between each other's houses. I'm so excited to start this tradition. Even though we live so close together, the days get away from us and we don't get to see each other very often. So yeah, I'm excited for this new tradition. I made spaghetti and homemade breadsticks (can you tell these are our new favorite as we've had them 3 times in the past week?!) and salad and then we had chocolate & banana cream pies. After dinner me, Eyan and the kids played Uno Attack and it was so much fun. Baily had a blast and was so excited that she actually got to play with us and Joaquin cracked up every time the machine shot out cards. It was so funny to see him cracking up. After they left Joaquin found his sisters pie and you can bet that that was the end of that. He thought he was so sneaky. So funny! The rest of the night we watched movies and ended up all going to bed pretty early. I guess all the weekend festivities caught up with us. It was an awesome day and awesome week as you can tell from my sweet girl's face in this pic!

Discussion Question:
What do you love about Sundays?

No comments: