Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Guess what I did today?

Tuesday November 10, 2009- 11.10.9
It's been quite the eventful day for me today. I started off waking up on the wrong side of the bed or something because I was in a bad mood. My poor kids and husband. I wasn't even sure why I was so bitter and frustrated, but I was. I think I just feel burnt out and mad that I'm so unmotivated and feel like I'm falling into a rut again. I don't know- it's just some sort of funk that will hopefully be gone soon. Anyway, after I took my walk and listened to some calming music and got some good prayer and meditation in, I felt much better. I came home and was able to get a lot of paperwork done and finished that I've been working on forever and all the while was able to enjoy this sweet little boy smiling at me. Then I had the pleasant surprise of being able to pick up my brother Jensen and his girlfriend Cadie and their baby Nolan, my nephew, and meeting him for the first time. Then they got to come hang out at our house for a little bit. And let me tell you... it was love at first sight- for me, Baily and Joaquin. He is a little chunker with cheeks that never end. Baily could not get enough of him. She wants a new baby sibling so bad- and I want her to have one so bad. I'm not sure if having this sweet baby in our house helped heal my baby ache or made it increase- definitely made it increase. I long for another baby so bad. Joaquin was sleeping most of the time but when he was awake he thought the baby was so neat and just kept petting his head. He did get a little jealous when I was holding him though. He's still quite the momma's boy. After they all left I spent most of the rest of the day... you guessed it, blogging! I've been wanting to get it caught up for so long that I finally decided that today's the day. I put off keeping my house clean and getting other things done but I really wanted to get this done. I did take breaks to let my kids know I wasn't glued to the chair in front of the computer. I feel a little guilty about not getting much of anything else done but boy does it feel good to finally get something done that I've been meaning to do forever. Now, which is the case with everything with me, if I could just stay caught up it would save me so much grief. After Baily kept begging me to come to bed and doing all sorts of goofy things to get my attention (like the picture on the left) I finally did and enjoyed some sweet cuddle time with her. Man, I love that girl! And man, it feels good to be blogging again!
Discussion Question:
When have you given up a whole day to get something done that's been haunting you and do you feel like it was worth it?

No comments: