Thursday, November 19, 2009

An Excellent Evening of Believing

Wednesday November 18, 2009
Yesterday was a busy, great day. I got a late start because I slept in and man, it felt good. After a wonderful family scriptures and prayer time that I adore!, I went to my dad's house to do my dreaded running workout. I say dreaded because I know that after only a day my running would increase to another whole minute and I knew it was going to be rough. For a beginner's running program it sure increases the running time very quickly. But I went with a determination to get through it and do my best. It did prove to be very difficult. And painful. I really think I need some new running shoes. *Hint, hint;) I made it as the program instructs for the first 20 minutes. After that I had to tone it a down so as not to collapse and die. Seriously. But I finished and it felt so good. I'm hoping that because of, ahem, womanly "joys" that is part of the reason it was so hard for me ant that on Friday, my next running day when the running time is increased in yet another minute (that's a 4 time increase in a week people!), I will be able to get through it all the way. A very strong perk of this experience though, was watching all the previews and hub bub for New Moon on E while I was running. I'm sure my step-mom and brother must have thought I was crazy everytime I kept screaming like a school girl. But what can I say? I'm SOOO excited to see it tomorrow. Wheeee! After I got home I eased my aching body with a steaming hot shower and was ready to conquer the day. I finished preparing for our YW in Excellence that night, readied my children then headed to my friend Brittany's casa. I met her from my ward and getting to be her Visiting Teacher and I must say- I love her! She's been such a good friend and we have so much fun together. Anyway, I went over there to watch her girls while she went to a meeting and then when she got back she watched my kids so I could enjoy our Young Women's In Excellence in peace. I'm so grateful to her for that. Our Young Women In Excellence went along with the yearly theme "Be thou an example of the believers" and it was simply fabulous. Each of the girls and leaders picked an "example of a believer" and picked a Personal Progress goal to go along with that believer and then spoke about it. There were also 3 skits- one from each of the Beehives, Mia Maids and the Laurels about different aspects of being an example of a believer... like in conversation, charity and faith. It was so awesome. For our refreshments we had favorite desserts of prophets since they are awesome examples of believers. I was so proud of each of the Young Women and realized even more how precious they each are and how much I love each and every one of them. I am SO grateful to be in the Young Women's! After we finished up I went and picked up my sweet babies (thanks again so much Brittany!) and got them home and in bed. Then it wasn't long before my hot hubby was home from work. We enjoyed a late night dinner of frozen pizza and watched our shows (Criminal Minds and Law & Order SVU) while we cuddled on the couch. I would say that would describe a perfect night for me. I just have to say how much I appreciate my husband for loving me and wanting to spend time with me and listening to me. I love and appreciate him sooo much! What an "excellent" day indeed!
Discussion Question:
What's one of your favorite Young Women or youth experiences?

1 comment:

Beau said...

hmmm...thats a tough one, beings I kinda missed a lot of the young mens part of my life, but it was probably when we took a trip to Albaquerque(sp?) as a teacher(I think) and we stayed in this family's home and they had a huge game room, a pool, and a basket full of full size candy bars all for us to enjoy and just have fun!