Friday, November 27, 2009

A Feast of Thanksgiving!!

Thursday November 26, 2009
Yesterday I had a fabulous Thanksgiving. It was simple and great. I slept in since I couldn't sleep the night before and woke up and got to cooking. We were going to my dad's for dinner and Patty made most of the dinner so I just made deviled eggs, sweet potatoes, spinach & artichoke dip and cherry & blueberry cheesecakes. After that was ready Baily and I picked up Patty and Jensen and then we went to pick up my Aunt Misty at her care home and then to pick up Cadie and Nolan (Jensen's girlfriend and son). After that we dropped them off at my dad's then I picked up Robert and Joaquin and we joined the rest of the gang at my dad's. The house smelled so good and the food tasted even better. We had a nice blessing and then enjoyed a truly grand feast. As we sat and ate and enjoyed each other's company I couldn't help but think of how blessed my life is and I think that's why I love Thanksgiving so much- it helps us remember (see link at bottom for one of my favorite General Conference talks on this subject) how truly our lives are blessed. After we ate we just sat and visited. Then we took our visitors home and my sweet family and I went to our home. It was a wonderful day indeed.And as cliche as this may be, I would like to share my top 10 blessings that I'm grateful for in my life. Please share yours with me too;)
1- First and foremost is my Savior Jesus Christ and His gospel that I am blessed to be a part of and all that comes with it (The Book of Mormon, Priesthood, the Prophet, etc.). My life would be nothing without Him and His sweet gospel.
2- My family. This includes my sweet kids and hubby, my parents, grandparents and siblings, in-laws and extended family. I truly love each one of them and they have all blessed my life in their own special way. I love you all!
3- My freedom and residence in this wonderful country that I love. And this includes all those that are fighting and have fought for this freedom.
4- The beautiful earth and all the seasons and glorious creations.
5- Mine and my family's health and well-being.
6- All my awesome friends who make my life so enjoyable and bearable.
7- Music!
8- My beautiful home sweet home and all the luxuries we enjoy in it (heat, cool, water, electricity, warm beds, etc.).
9- True love in it's purest form- the kind that brings that joy and peace which passeth all understanding.
10- It may sound weird, but technology which would include cars, computer, internet, tv, movies, cell phones, dishwashers, dryers. I was definitely meant to live in this day and age and am so grateful that I do!
Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are enjoying all your blessings to the fullest!!
Discussion Question:
What are your top 10 blessings you're grateful for?

No comments: