Monday, January 14, 2008

Simply Sunday

Today was just a good simple, Sunday. First of all, I can't believe my sweet Joaquin is already 1 month old. Seriously the time needs to stop speeding by at 121.1 jigawats an hour. But isn't he the cutest 1 month old that you ever did see? He's my teddy bear. When I took a picture of him Baily of course wanted to take a picture with him as well. Then I did but I won't post it because I don't like it, then Robert felt left out so this is his picture with the popular baby boy. I have such a good-looking family! Church was great today. I felt the Spirit so strongly during Sacrament. We sang I Stand All Amazed for the Sacrament hymn which makes me cry every time I sing it not only because of the beautiful words but because it reminds me of my Grandpa and Grandma Willis. While we sang it and during the Sacrament I felt an outpouring of love from Heavenly Father. I also had some great inspirations and thoughts come to me about some things I've been struggling with and I was so grateful for that. We had our first lesson from the Joseph Smith manual in Relief Society today and I was so excited since I was for once prepared and had read the lesson. I've been reading all about Joseph Smith's life in the introduction of this book all week and already my love and appreciation for this great prophet had grown tremendously. I'm really excited to get to know more about him and develop a stronger testimony of him and his mission this year. Anyway the lesson was great. It was on the First Vision and I really felt my testimony grow about this amazing event. Sunday School was great as well and it was so easy for me to follow along this time. I love studying about the Book of Mormon and we had some great discussions about it today. After church we came home and we all ate some snacks while we watched football. Then later Robert's family all came over for dinner and we just hung out. After that Robert and I had to run an errand and then we came home and watched a video with Baily trying to put her to sleep. I fell asleep before her. After I got up to get a drink though I couldn't fall back asleep and here I am. I'm just glad I got this caught up so I won't spend a ton of time tomorrow doing it when I have so much other stuff to do. So there's my simple Sunday for ya'... simple but great.

3 comments:

Malissa said...

Joaquin is so adorable!! I'm excited to take his pics...that is, if you ever call me to do it!!??

Emily said...

Cuuuuuuuuuuute photos!

Tamie said...

i've got to tell you that i am really impressed that you've kept up on your blogging. especially with a new baby. the adjustment from one to two is always a bit of a challenge b/c the new one always manages to throw off the schedule that you've establsihed with the older child.
i don't have a new baby and i am doing a dismal job keeping up with blogging and even checking my e-mail...you're AWESOME!!!