Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Doing Better

Ok so today was much better. The sun was shining through the clouds in my life today thank goodness. I know I got a lot of my boost from my reading this morning in The Book of Mormon. I was in 2 Nephi 2 which is a major power chapter. I was really in tune to what I read and just got so much understanding and felt so determined to choose liberty and eternal life through Christ, by having more faith in Him that He'll help me with the trials I have right now. I was able to get some things done this morning while Joaquin napped and Baily played nicely in her room. I was finally able to gut and organize our closet which has been something on my life for like 7 years. Ok not that long but a long time. That felt really good and having had that accomplishment done I felt really good about using the rest of the time of my day giving quality attention and spending quality time with my kids. They loved it as much as I did. I sat down and watched Hercules, the whole movie, with Baily and it was great. We laughed and just enjoyed each other's company. And Joaquin finally started smiling, like actually intentionally smiling, a couple of days and I finally was able to capture it on camera. I felt so happy and grateful and just pure joy while spending this quality time with my little ones. I played and read and sang and danced until I was wore out but it was great. I thought about how this is what it's like to taste of the fruit of the tree of life like in Lehi's vision. This is what the pure love of God is like. It's wonderful! I'm so glad today was so much better than the last 2 days!




366 Blessing:
#30- Agency

3 comments:

Emily said...

The baby smiles are SO CUTE!

Julie said...

I am glad that you are watching yourself and paying attention to how you feel that is so important. My fix for the blues is I walk everyday, somedays it takes us all day to finaly get out but everyday I get some sun and exercise. I even go if it is raining, Gionni loves it I make a little fort out of the stroller so she stayes warm and dry and off we go. I also love that your ward does a park day that is so great what a fun and supportive way to share a Sisterhood. We are all in this together as we raise these sweet little spirits.

Malissa said...

I'm glad you had a better day! I'm still so mad that I forgot about park day!! I can't believe how much Joaquin is changing already!! His smile is enough to melt your heart!! What a cutie!!