Thursday, January 24, 2008

Feeling Sluggish

So on Thursday I woke up feeling very sluggish once again. I was glad it was park day so Baily could get out and use up some of her energy so I wouldn't have to try to keep her entertained all day. I have now realized that a lot of my problem is my allergies have been starting up. The park was fun and it wasn't all that cold at first but then it ended up being pretty chilly so we didn't stay too long. We left right on time because it started drizzling as we were driving home. Not much happened during the rest of the day. I let myself enjoy a nice, long nap along with my kids and it was so comforting being all bundled up and snuggly. Robert's softball games weren't scheduled until late that night and I had decided against going since it was way too cold to take my babies out in. His games ended up being cancelled which I was secretly happy about. We were able to stay at home and enjoy a nice night in and relax as you can see Joaquin illustrating in this picture. Our faithful home teacher came by and we had a nice visit with him. I'm so grateful for the home teaching program and how it makes us feel loved and cared for. Later that night we had some delicious hot chocolate which was perfect for our cold, rainy night. Baily was sooo excited about having hot chocolate... you'd think it was her first time. She had 2 cups and the whole time she kept saying "mommy gurd" meaning mom it's good. I love how she says gurd for good. For some reason I didn't read my scriptures in the morning like I usually do but read them that night right before I went to sleep. I was in 1 Nephi 18 and this verse stuck out to me.
"16 Nevertheless, I did look unto my God, and I did praise him all the day long; and I did not murmur against the Lord because of mine afflictions."
After Nephi had been bound up and tortured for days while they were sailing towards the promised land, he was still able to praise God and did not murmur because of his afflictions. What a hero Nephi is. So that's my new goal... to not murmur because of my afflictions. I love this principle. Reading that chapter was a great way to end my day.

366 Blessings:

#24- Sleeping

No comments: