Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Showers of Blessings

Sunday truly was a glorious day for me. It was a day of rain showers which I love as well as day full with showers of blessings. It was hard to pick just one blessing for this day since I really felt so aware and overwhelmed by all the blessings my loving Father in Heaven has given me. Just the simple practice of trying to remember and recognize only one blessing a day has really opened my eyes to all the blessings I have and made me more grateful just as promised in Pres. Eyring's General Conference talk "O Remember, Remember." All day on Sunday I had the hymn "Count Your Many Blessings" in my head becauses that's what I was doing all day. So I woke up early to rain as I mentioned and also as I mentioned, I love rain! It always makes me so happy. I had to drop my sister's clothes that she forgot at my house at her grandparent's which is about a 15 minute drive from my house. I was able to go by myself without any crying children and it was the most peaceful and spiritual time I've had in a long time. I was able to listen to some of my favorite uplifting music from my MP3 player on my phone and enjoy the beautiful scenery through the wonderful rain and I had such a spiritual experience that words do not do justice to how I felt. I felt my eyes opened to my blessings and an overwhelming sense of gratitude that I've never felt so strongly before. Then when the hymn "I know that My Redeemer Lives" came on I couldn't hold back the tears any longer. I felt so loved and so blessed. Later on at church I still had this warm feeling with me and it increased as I looked over to my mother-in-law and saw one of the little girls who's usually so wild sitting calmly on her lap and my MIL was reading a book to her. I don't think Cande (my MIL) even knew the little girl but she just loved her and cared for her as one of her own. I love Cande so much. As I thought about the wonderful woman she is I thought about how much she has been a blessing to our family and has helped us so much and does on a daily basis. Then I thought of how grateful I am to her for raising the wonderful man I call my husband. She did a stellar job because my husband is perfect to me. I couldn't ask for a better husband and words cannot explain how much I love him. Some of the speakers during Sacrament meeting were the Bishop's parents who just returned from one of their many missions. I love to hear them speak and I just love this family so much. Just being around them you feel the Spirit so strongly and their countenance just glows and it's so contagious. Being around them makes me want to be better and want to be like them. Anyway they talked a lot about their mission and what it's like to be a Senior missionary. They served in the Palmyra, NewYork mission and their experiences were so wonderful to hear about. Then they shared some awesome missionary experiences they had and how the results of these people joining the gospel and the miracles of change in their lives is what the gospel is all about. I could not help but think of how grateful I am to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and how I know without a doubt it is the only true church- it is His church. Then I thought about how grateful I am to have my family in the church and to be sealed to them eternally. And this lead to me being so grateful for the temple and all the blessings that occur within it's walls. As I went to Relief Society I could not help but feel the strong bond of sisterhood and the love we all have for each other. As I looked around at all the sisters I thought of ways each one has touched me by either example, or act. After church we came home and ate some good food and the realizing of blessings continued throughout the day. I am so truly blessed and I'm so grateful for this Sunday that I will always remember as the Sunday my eyes were opened and I was able to count my many showers of blessings.

366 Blessings:
#27- Rain Showers

No comments: