Sunday, January 06, 2008

Holy Day

Sunday was a pretty good day. I was sad that Robert was working overtime and had to miss Joaquin's first time at church but unfortunately right now we can't turn down any opportunities to make more money. But yeah, it was our first time (me and Joaquin) to go to church since he was born and it felt great to be back. I really, really missed church. And I have to say my little man looked pretty GQ. My kids are so cute! Sorry for the bragging but what can I say- I'm one proud momma! Anyway it felt good to go back to church and to feel the wonderful spirit and to partake of the Sacrament after so long. And I really missed seeing my ward family- they really are like my family and when everyone was so warm and welcoming to me I felt so loved and wanted. It was great. There were 2 baby blessings and they were such beautiful blessings. I think I paid more attention to these blessings since I have a new one myself that will soon be blessed. Babies truly are the greatest blessing and miracles. The testimonies born were strong and beautiful as well. I'm so glad Andre was there to help me with Baily and help keep her entertained. He even took her to nursery for me which was nice. For Relief Society we were combined with the Priesthood and all the different stake programs like addiction recovery groups and stuff like that were talked about. It was amazing to hear how many great help and support groups the church has for it's members. I was able to finally get my Joseph Smith manual and I'm so, so, so excited about studying his teachings for the next 2 years. And for Sunday School this year we're studying the Book of Mormon which I'm also so excited about. This is the one book of scripture that I feel I really know and I can't wait to learn more and really be able to understand the lessons this year. Our teacher gave a wonderful lesson that really got us pumped and excited about studying the BOM and really getting into it this year. Robert picked us up after church and we came home, ate and just relaxed for the rest of the day. And I'm happy to report that we actually kept the whole day holy... we didn't go to the store or buy anything all day which is really a step up for us. It was a great first Sabbath Day of the year and I'm looking forward to a lot more to come.

No comments: