Monday, March 31, 2008

Showers of Excitement!

Thursday March 20
Thursday was a fun day. I spent the morning cleaning and grooming my children so I wouldn't have to rush and try to get it done early the next morning and with a lot more people needed bathroom time. Then in the afternoon my children, Beau and I got to have a visit with my mom. Beau was super tired (stayed up too late with his fiance) and kept dozing off but that's ok. And Baily was still a little rotten but she actually talked to my mom and let her talk to her that time which was progress. I just loved visiting with her and spending time with her. Every minute is precious when I get to visit her. I love her so much! After the visit we went back to my Aunt Konny's and when we got there my Aunt Kathy (Konny's twin) and her daughter, my cousin, Janea and her 3 little ones were there up from Arizona. I was so excited to see them. I'm named after my Aunt Kathy (Sarah Kathleen) and she's always been one of my favorite Aunts (the other one being Aunt Konny) and has been a big part of my life growing up. She's awesome. And Janea has always been of my favorite cousins and someone I've always looked up to as an example of compassion, patience and just living a Christ-like life. It had been over 2 years since I saw Janea and long time since I saw my Aunt Kathy so I was stoked to be able to spend a couple days with them. All the time I got to spend with my family was just heaven to me. I love my family! After all the his and hellos we got ready and went to the restaurant Chuck-A-Rama for Eben's improptu last minute planned bridal shower I put together. There was a pretty good turnout and it was lots of fun. The best part was when Eben opened up the gift my mom made from her. My mom is one of the most creative people I know. She crocheted her a lingerie set of matching bra and panties and made some hilarious "pills" for overcoming wedding night anxiety and other things. There was also some "diamond" earrings since she knew Beau wouldn't be able to afford to get her nice jewely during their early married years. So funny. It was fun chatting it up with all my family and getting to know a little of Eben's side of the family as well. I took Joaquin with me but Beau watched Baily for me which was great and made it so much more enjoyable for me. He watched Janea's 3 kids as well... good practice for him. After we finished eating Janea and I and our 2 youngest made a quick trip to Wal-Mart and then back to Aunt Konny's. After some visiting and what not it was time to hit the sack and prepare for the big day on Friday- Beau and Eben's wedding day!

366 Blessings:
#80- My Aunt Kathy

No comments: