Sunday, March 16, 2008

Oh Happy Day!!

Sunday March 16
This was a wonderful, wonderful day. Well for the first part of it anyway. The time finally came for a visit with my mom. It was the first time she got to meet my Joaquin. The whole way we were driving up to see her Baily was so excited to see her "Gamon Brown" (Grandma Brown). When we first saw her she just lit up and was glowing and it was the sweetest thing
to see her meet her grandson for the first time. And oh how Joaquin loved his Grandma! Baily on the other hand was quite the grump. She takes a long time to warm up to people she doesn't see often. It breaks my heart that she won't let me mom hold her or even talk to her most of the time but I know it will be fine when my mom gets out. Anyway, Joaquin just let her hold him the whole time and he talked and cooed with her, snuggled with her and man did it do my heart good to witness that. And oh it was so good to finally get to hug and visit with my mom face to face for the first time in almost a year. It had been way too long in between visits and I just miss her so much. So these rare visits I get with her are priceless. So despite my grumpy girl it was a wonderful visit with my mom and a moment in my life I'll never forget. Later that day we went over to my cousin Clint and his wife Karen's house for dinner. They have a 3 year old daughter named Kaily and a newborn son named Conner. Baily was still grumpy but excited to have someone to play with. Her sleep schedule was still all messed up and she was confused and missing her daddy. We had fun visiting and squishing each other's new babies and Clint made some awesome burritos that were delish. The girls got along, then fought, then got along, then fought... then eventually got along again. It was exhausting- lol. I was glad to have some family to talk with and a kid-proof environment for Baily to play in as well as a friend and toys to play with. By the time we were ready to leave though Baily had a complete meltdown and it was horrible. I was embarrassed because that's not how Baily usually acts- like I said, she was super over-tired. Once we got back to my Aunt's house she calmed down and that's all I can remember. It's really hard traveling with my kids alone without my husband to help. It really made me appreciate him a lot more. But ever regardless of the hard times with the Bug it was a day I will never forget- when my mom first met Joaquin and how sweet it was!


366 Blessings:
#76- My mom meeting her grandson for the first time!

No comments: