Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My sexy man's special day!

Tuesday July 29, 2008
Today was my babe's 31st birthday. Wahoo! He had the day off today as well so that's super awesome. After he woke up and we sang to him and showered him with kisses I got ready and went to my Primary Presidency meeting. I gotta tell ya'- I'm loving this calling more and more. There's starting to be a lot more responsibility but I feel ready for it and excited. Scouts is getting ready to start up again and it's going to be a lot of work and very time consuming but it's all so exciting to me. I feel like I have worth and that's a good feeling. After that I came home and got the kids dressed and ready and then myself ready and then all of us headed into town. We had to make a stop that was a very humbling experience that made us very grateful and then we went to my MIL's house. My niece and her fiance and my other in-law family pitched in and threw a delicioso carne asada bbq dinner for Robert's birthday dinner. It was fun visiting and eating great food. Since we're so broke I just made a fun little candy bar card for him (Em helped... thanks!) and got him cheesecake with 4 different flavors (he doesn't like regular cake). It was actually cheaper to buy one than make one. It was a fun time and I was grateful to celebrate the birth of my perfecto husband. Oh I love him so much! After we finished up there we came home. My nephew came with us and will be staying with us for a few days at least and quite possibly a lot longer to get some things worked out. He's a great kid and I love him so much and I hope we can help in any way possible. After we got home we had family scriptures and prayer and the Spirit was especially strong which I love. Then I ran to the store to get a few things, came home and put my babies to sleep and here I am. I'm looking forward to having another productive day tomorrow with lots of cleaning! Oh, and this is more for my personal recording purposes, but I finally started reading the BOM again yesterday with a goal of reading 2 chapters a day and finishing by November 24th. My daily scripture reading and kneeling in prayer are more of my goals for the week and I know adhering to them is key to my success.


366 Blessings:
#211- Robert!!!

1 comment:

AZ SMITHS said...

I'm glad Robert had a good birthday! Jason likes cheesecake for his birthday too!! It's funny reading your blog because I totally feel like it's me! Every New Years, two of my goals are always daily scripture study and kneeling to pray!! I don't know why something so simple could be so hard!