Monday, July 14, 2008

Happy (VERY late) Father's Day!

So yeah... I'm a little behind on this but I didn't want to not give a shout out to all the awesome dad figures in my life. I've been so blessed in this department and how grateful I am to my Heavenly Father for such wonderful father figures in my life.So this is my pappa bear, Patrick. Even though I remember being devastated when he and my mom got divorced, my dad was always there for anything we needed. I have never questioned his love for me or any of my siblings- I always knew he loved and treasured me. He had some hard times but he worked through them and I've always admired him for how hard he worked to overcome his weaknesses. He's brought me up to be proud of my ancestry as an Alaskan Native- Tlingit Indian and he's always had this love of nature and taught me to be likewise. He's so wise and kind and hard working and I'm so grateful he's my dad!Next is my step-dad Gerald. Too me, he's always been just my second dad. He has been a part of my life since I was like 3 or 4 and has never left my side since even though he and my mom divorced. He has also been there through thick and thin for me and my brothers and has supported us and helped us with everything he possibly could have. When we went through some of the hardest trials we've ever been faced with in my childhood we helped each other cope and for that I will always be grateful- we grew so close during those difficult times. He's an awesome grandpa to my kids and would give anyone the shirt off his back. I just love and appreciate him so much!Next is my super hot, super sweet, super awesome husband. Although he's not personally one of my father figures, he's an AMAZING father to my babies. I could not ask for a better father for my kids and for that I am so thankful. He's patient with them, he's a righteous example, he worthily holds the Priesthood for whenever they may need a blessing, he's so fun and just the best dad a mom could ask for for her kids. Thanks babe. I love you so much!This is my Grandpa Bud. He's my mom's dad. Words cannot express how much my Grandpa touched my life and made such an impact on it. He's always been the standard I've set in how I want my husband to be. He loved my grandma with all his heart and served her with all his might. He was an amazing father to my mom and her siblings and the best grandpa ever. He was so fun, so funny, the best cook, a perfect example of righteousness and charity, a hard worker... the list could go on forever. How I miss my sweet grandpa. I love him so very much!This is my Grandpa Roath, my step-mom's dad. He lived in Wisconsin so I didn't get to spend as much time with him as my other grandpa's but I loved him just as much. He was one of the sweetest men I've ever known and even though I wasn't his biological grand-daughter he took me in as one of his own and loved me unconditionally. I loved his contagious laugh and his sweet smile. I really miss him!
I also want to mention my Grandpa Holwick, my dad's dad. He passed away when I was pretty young but I remember he loved me and my brother so much and I remember his big belly laugh. I also want to mention my Grandpa Brown, Gerald's dad. He also passed away when I was younger but he was always so sweet and loving and also took us in as his own. I remember going to the rodeos and concerts with him and my Grandma. He was always very quiet but I also knew his love for me and my brothers. He was very hard working and left us way too early. I love him dearly. How truly blessed I have been in the father department!

No comments: