Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas Tag (Thanks Lori!)

1. Have you started your Christmas shopping?
Yes and finished!  (Kinda)


2. Tell me about one of your special traditions.
We are just getting started on figuring out what traditions we want to keep in our family.  We did the Advent Calendar this year and it's been great and I think it will prove to be a great tradition over the years.  Another one is that we open one gift on Christmas Eve- pj's and a book.  Traditions I'm going to miss this year are going to the Zoo Lights with Gerald and Rachelle and Christmas at midnight with tamales and gifts with the Dominguez family.  I have also missed the annual Willis Taco Party so much.

3. When do you put up your tree?
Day after Thanksgiving- at least that's the plan from here on out.

4. Are you a Black Friday shopper?
I became one this year and I LOVED it!  Definitely plan on doing it from here on out.

5. Do you travel at Christmas or stay home?
When we lived in AZ we usually went to Show Low for Christmas.  This year we'll be home- but at least we'll all be together;)

6. What is your funniest Christmas memory?
 hmmm...

7. What is your favorite Christmas movie of all time?
There are so many!  I would have to probably say Elf or Home Alone.

8. Do you do your own Christmas baking? What's your favorite treat?
Most of the time.  My favorite is probably the pretzels I made with my cousin Becca- caramel chocolate dipped pretzels.  I miss you Becca!  (Lori I can't believe you didn't mention your amazing cinnamon rolls- those were always my fave.  You too Becca.)  I'm going to attempt to make cinnamon rolls and homemade pies with homemade pie crusts this year so we'll see how that goes.

9. Fake or real tree?
Robert used to insist on a real tree but I finally put my foot down and got a fake pre-lit one this year ($25 at Black Friday sale baby!).  I love the smell of a real one but hate having to water it every day, worry about it catching on fire and cleaning up after it.

10. What day does the actual panic set in to get it all done?
After Halloween:/

11. Are you still wrapping presents on Christmas Eve?
Just the Santa ones;)

12. What is your favorite family fun time at Christmas?
I agree with Lori- anytime I'm with my family it's my favorite family fun time.  Probably when I'm in Show Low with my siblings, up late after a day of gifts and lots of eating, playing board games and laughing hysterically and nibbling on more good food.  Man I miss my Show Low fam!!

13. What Christmas Craft do you like the best?
I'm so not a crafty person.  But I had fun making ornaments with Baily this year for one of our Advent activities.  I had fun making special gifts for our YW too- but probably more because I was doing it with 2 of my favorite women and socializing;)

14. Christmas music? Yes or no, and if yes, what is your favorite song?
YES, YES, YES!!, my favorites would be O Holy Night by Josh Groban, Carol of the Bells by Transiberian Orchestra and For Unto Us A Child is Born by Motab- among the many:)

15. When do you plan to finish all your shopping?

I'm done- just waiting for my packages to come hopefully when they're supposed to!

I tag Becca, Karen, Beau & Eben (that means both of you each do one!), Malissa, Julie, Mayra and anyone else who wants to relish in some Christmas memories!!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Yes, I meant you! It was fun reading your answers and the rest of your blog too! What a fun mom you are! Merry, Merry Christmas to you!